Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring bank locations in drogheda and surrounding areas

Options
  • 15-06-2016 12:30pm

Howdy folks,

Was looking to see if anyone knows of all the bring banks in the area (Drogheda, duleek, donore, dunleer, etc.) all within the immediate general areas.

I reckon I could eliminate my need for bins altogether, if I just made a small effort to separate the crap I'm throwing out in the first place. The issue that stands is that often the bring bank centres are overflowing, meaning you cant use them.

I reckon the best way to reduce the risk of this happening is to know where they all are, so if i fill the car with my recyclables, and the bank is full, i can head to the next nearest one.

(and then for the little amount of domestic waste I do create, I can wander up the recycling centre and they'll take them at, I think, €5-6 per bag).

I know of the following locations:

1. Tesco Extra, Drogheda (in the car park, at the side of the store).
    2. Donore Road, Drogheda (beside Jack Doran Motors, just down from DPL/Funtasia).
    3. Mell Car Park / Trinity Street Car Park (Whatever name you prefer to call it by).
    4. The church car park at Millmount, behind the Millmount bar (Can sometimes be locked.. Think it's called St Mary's church, but not sure).
    5. Bolton Square car park (where Market is held on saturday, behind Council building).
    6. Ballsgrove shops, at side of Pharmacy (opposite church).
    7. Wheaton Hall, in the car park beside the Spar shop.

Anyone know of others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

There's a large one in Bolton Square at the (market) car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TMM12

Can't post links as new user but if you go to repak.ie>consumers>facilty search & enter Drogheda a list will pop up. You had me wracking brains trying to think where they all were.

I was on that site already, before I made the thread. All I can see are two on it. Both are on top of the council building. One is on top of the other (so you can't click both) and when I clicked the top one, it gave me the info as the recycling centre in Mell. I tried it again there and same thing. Maybe a glitch I'm only getting?

PGE1970 wrote: »
    There's a large one in Bolton Square at the (market) car park.

Never noticed it, to be honest. Good to know. Probably emptied more often, too, due to it's location.

Remembered there's a small one at Ballsgrove shops, beside the pharmacy. Updated the first post to include those two. Cheers PGE.

EDIT: Managed to click the other one on the map, and it came up as Wheaton Hall. Not familiar with Wheaton Hall but took a look on Google Maps and found it (and included it in the first post).

I was on that site already, before I made the thread. All I can see are two on it. Both are on top of the council building. One is on top of the other (so you can't click both) and when I clicked the top one, it gave me the info as the recycling centre in Mell. I tried it again there and same.
    Must be a glitch for you. Few more to add to list: Abbey Shopping Centre (could be gone now with works started). King Street car park. Moneymore (where McMahons was, not sure if still there).
    That's all I can see as screen gets stuck then, & a few you've got already.

TMM12 wrote: »
    Must be a glitch for you. Few more to add to list: Abbey Shopping Centre (could be gone now with works started). King Street car park. Moneymore (where McMahons was, not sure if still there).
    That's all I can see as screen gets stuck then, & a few you've got already.

Ah yeah. The one across from the garda station at the bridge? I see that regularly and never even thought of it.

It's actually a bit mad just how many of them there are around the place when you stop and think about it. When I was first thinking of this, i could think of four, and figured there may be one or two more. So far we've arrived at 10! (assuming the moneymore one is there.. I've no idea where McMahon's was).

• Advertisement

Ah yeah. The one across from the garda station at the bridge? I see that regularly and never even thought of it.

It's actually a bit mad just how many of them there are around the place when you stop and think about it. When I was first thinking of this, i could think of four, and figured there may be one or two more. So far we've arrived at 10! (assuming the moneymore one is there.. I've no idea where McMahon's was).

Yeah, or maybe there is that one & then one in Abbey carpark aswell, not sure?
    McMahons was the timber yard opposite last entrance to graveyard, it's a carpark now so they might have moved bins.

I'm interested to see how you get on, our bin collections have gone to every 2 weeks now & with a baby it's filling up quick. Only just got organic bin delivered so have to put that to use.

Well with a baby, and nappies, etc. you're probably not able to be as relaxed as I am about it.

There are two of us in the house, both adults. One of us is fond of a few cans of guinness (not me) but theyre recyclable and i dont even have to pay into the recycling centre for those i Dont believe, as I can drop them at any of the bring banks.

Out from that, we'd have a lot of packaging off foods (plastics mostly). The only thing that's really throwing me is left over foods and that kinda thing. There are a few cats around the place that will finish the dinner if you don't do it yourself, but it's not something I'd like to be in the habit of doing.

V+W in Mell will take black bags of any old sihte that you're throwing out, but they charge you. Over the phone they said it was €6 per bag, but i still think that's relatively decent value (depending on the amount you produce). I reckon, using the example of a proper full black bag, double-bagged and stuff beat into it, you'd get about 2.5 of them into a wheelie bin. Which means the cost of a bin tag (around €10ish i think?) is better value than the recycling centre. However, when you add on the standing charges, etc. it starts to swing the other way fairly swiftly. If you're only putting out one bag of domestic waste a week, for argument sake, it's costing you €312.

I reckon we'd use a full black bag every fortnight. so to be realistic about it, say €200 per year on black bags for the sake of argument. I've no idea what our annual charge is with Panda, but im lead to believe it's in the ~€170 range. Obviously, as it's a standing charge, that's before a single bin is lifted.

Obvously the plus side of Panda is that you have the convenience of the wheelie bins and rolling them out to be collected. I won't be cancelling the bins yet, but I will stop using them for a while, just to see how i get on. (that way, if it doesnt work out, i can just go back to useing the bins as normal with minimal fuss).

Advertisement