Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for someone suitable to talk tech on radio show?

Options
  • 15-06-2016 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I'm developing a technology radio show for community radio to bring topics of interest that may be found on slashdot or the like, to an audience of laypeople....

I can talk about the topics but I need someone to discuss these with, it will be a recorded show and it's most likely that it would be done via telephone call I'd imagine....

There is potential to get nationally recognised if the show is successful or maybe you just enjoy the idea of it; or just giving it a go.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just as an FYI, most of the phone network will compress audio in such a way as to sound really poor for extended listening. Find for a 30s news bulletin but not for a show.

What the podcasters do is:
    Talk on skype/similar
    Have real mics (Zoom, Blue Yeti etc) on either side also recording
    Sync the tracks in post

With a single clap at the start its very easy to synchronise and you're off at the races.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

ED E wrote: »
    Just as an FYI, most of the phone network will compress audio in such a way as to sound really poor for extended listening. Find for a 30s news bulletin but not for a show.

What the podcasters do is:
    Talk on skype/similar
    Have real mics (Zoom, Blue Yeti etc) on either side also recording
    Sync the tracks in post

With a single clap at the start its very easy to synchronise and you're off at the races.

Actually now you mention it, the difference on radio between a mobile caller and an ISDN caller is pretty massive alright. I struggle to hear the mobile callers on podcasts, but the ISDN lads might as well be in the same room as the presenter.

I've heard a couple of Skype calls on Today FM recently and it's not too bad, but the caller must have been on a decent connection, as I always tend to sound like a hoarse Cylon if I'm on a video chat (normal Cylon when on audio only :P).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    Actually now you mention it, the difference on radio between a mobile caller and an ISDN caller is pretty massive alright. I struggle to hear the mobile callers on podcasts, but the ISDN lads might as well be in the same room as the presenter.

I've heard a couple of Skype calls on Today FM recently and it's not too bad, but the caller must have been on a decent connection, as I always tend to sound like a hoarse Cylon if I'm on a video chat (normal Cylon when on audio only :P).

I was just thinking that there is probably an entire generation of people who are wondering why I say I sound like a Cylon on Skype. To them, this is a Cylon:
    Number_Six.jpg

I of course am referring to the 70's Centurion type Cylon:

Advertisement