Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

jimmii wrote: »
    Really hope the site does go live on Monday. Pre-season tinkering is one of my favourite parts of the game!

Hope it doesn't as I'm in a meeting Monday morningand want to have another crack at a stupidly low team id! :)

I'd suspect it might reboot and allow you to update your account etc and then the game opens a week or so later like it did last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

manual_man wrote: »
    they just put zero thought into the prizes side of things. 25k for winner wasn't it? could have easily had 10k for winner and then paid out places 2-50 even. private leagues competition would have been good too (average score of top 5 teams in each private league). there's so much you can do to incentivize with prizes side of things... anyway feck it, no more stressing after the usual fpl deadline each week :P

Yep it could have been done a lot better I am sure they had their reasons but guess we will never know. Its a shame as I really liked the game. Was considering trying Sky with all the new rules it doesn't seem like its too big a loss to not have previous experience.

FHFC wrote: »
    Hope it doesn't as I'm in a meeting Monday morningand want to have another crack at a stupidly low team id! :)

I'd suspect it might reboot and allow you to update your account etc and then the game opens a week or so later like it did last year.

Are the history pages always accessible in the few days before the launch? I thought it was all gone judging by the homepage update but its all still there to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

McGettigan did DID Electrical follow through with their prize in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Really hope the site does go live on Monday. Pre-season tinkering is one of my favourite parts of the game!

Ye me too the old 6 week wildcard.

Ye me too the old 6 week wildcard.

I think your man has been bang on the last year or so hopefully same again this year.

I think your man has been bang on the last year or so hopefully same again this year.

He hasn't said whether it's reregister live or select team live. I wasn't hanging round waiting for it before last year. Was it always the 2 stage thing like last year?

He hasn't said whether it's reregister live or select team live. I wasn't hanging round waiting for it before last year. Was it always the 2 stage thing like last year?

I can't recall to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yes, always had to re-register before it officially launched up maybe a week later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

stephenl15 wrote: »
    McGettigan did DID Electrical follow through with their prize in the end?
    They sure did. Nice 50 inch Sony Bravia as well as a sound bar. That's my 3rd tv in 3 years from fantasy football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

No sign of going live just yet, fairly buzzin' for it now. Mata if he goes to Everton could be a great FPL signing if he's at the right price!

For anyone interested, my buddy and I have an ongoing Twitter page for FPL talk (hope this is okay to do so Mods): https://twitter.com/FantasyScout1

Could do without the madness of last season, learned a lot from it!!

hogey143 wrote: »
    No sign of going live just yet, fairly buzzin' for it now. Mata if he goes to Everton could be a great FPL signing if he's at the right price!

For anyone interested, my buddy and I have an ongoing Twitter page for FPL talk (hope this is okay to do so Mods): https://twitter.com/FantasyScout1

Could do without the madness of last season, learned a lot from it!!

Guess it will depend on whether the game opens before he moves. I would be expecting him to be 8.5/9 wouldn't be jumping on him at Everton at that price without him showing some proper form and hopefully being on a set piece or two.

He says new site launching today but what I take from it is that it's just the new site launching as opposed to the full game launching.

Yeh presumably it'll be sign up and then game separately just be nice to get something!

• Advertisement

I don't normally use much salt but had to use a pinch with this.

https://twitter.com/FPLpunk/status/749968111571464192

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

It's live, but I can't sign in

Like the new look. Judging by the little graphic the team page is going to look a bit different and hopefully they have nailed it with the app. It wasn't free last year was it?

Not even a player list for us to ponder yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

looks like they've done the usual butchering of a site to make it a tiny bit more mobile friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have they been hacked?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Have they been hacked?

Would explain the mad shade of green! Maybe the last minute issues they were having were people arguing about how bright to make it!

Permission to get excited.

A lot earlier than I expected too, thought they would wait for the Euros to finish.

How could you doubt the Rogers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Not even a player list for us to ponder yet.

Just some of the "A"s.

http://www.premierleague.com/players

tom_k wrote: »

Now more searchable. Seems a little buggy.

tom_k wrote: »

FPL list normally differs from that wouldn't be paying much attention to that.

I can't see the old player list anymore for some reason.

• Advertisement

I can't see the old player list anymore for some reason.

Yeh that was working an hour or so ago.

FPL list normally differs from that wouldn't be paying much attention to that.

I know but I just like having something FPL related to look at and refamiliarise myself with teams.

Sign-in button not showing up now.

Fantasy Footie Fix reckon Bench Boost and Triple Captain will remain this year but AOA may be gone. Something to do with Chrome Developer tools they've been checking.

Screenshot of new game layout here too.

https://twitter.com/FantasyFootyFix/status/750042532780904448

Doesn't look like it's opening today then. Although in 2011 it opened at half ten so there's some tiny hope yet!

Twitterati consensus seems to be Friday now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Dear God, please let the layout be different when it opens.

Mourinho on Rooney "He will never be a 6 playing 50 metres from the goal. He will be a 9, a 10, a 9 and a half, but not a six or eight."

That's cleared that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

No hope of him being listed as a mid so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

On the 13th august all games are at 15:00 is that fixed or is it going to change?

On the 13th august all games are at 15:00 is that fixed or is it going to change?

TV selections for August and September by Sky and BT due any day now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

TV selections for August and September by Sky and BT due any day now

I'd say you're talking another week or so. Championship ones aren't even announced yet past first week and they're always first.

CSF wrote: »
    I'd say you're talking another week or so. Championship ones aren't even announced yet past first week and they're always first.

Supposed to be this week
    https://twitter.com/PLDan/status/747368112400510976

Sky fixtures will be announced at 9 today

• Advertisement

Also this from our favourite FPL twitter insider at 9am this morn.....
    Watch this space today maybe....

"Not long now until you're able to sign in and create your 1st #FPL draft. #waitinggame"

Not a fan of the Friday night games.

Absolutely. Friday night is Harps night! :D

I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully it doesn't effect Irish matches attendances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

It definitely will affect them imo. Trev we have Longford at home that night so not expecting a huge crowd but there will be the usuals there.

Also, anyone that did the Finn Harps competition last year, check your emails, its all getting very real! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement