Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Its going to bloody launch bloody tomorrow isn't it.

Bugger. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Lad's, its like a child eagerly awaiting Santa on Christmas morning, only we're not sure when our new toy is arriving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Roma looking like they might be in a bit of form! 4 in 15 minutes for good old Edin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Invincible wrote: »
    Lad's, its like a child eagerly awaiting Santa on Christmas morning, only we're not sure when our new toy is arriving!

Or even what Toy we're getting.. I really hope they don't tinker with it any more. Get rid of those stupid chips would be even better! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

jimmii wrote: »
    Roma looking like they might be in a bit of form! 4 in 15 minutes for good old Edin.

0-16 that's not friendly :)

Dundalk in CL tonight btw.

wonski wrote: »

9 at half time so they took it a little easier in the second half which was good of them!

wonski wrote: »

Dundalk in CL tonight btw.

Wonder if the Dundalk fans will join in with the chant Come on Hafnarfjordur come. Suddenly a trickier chant than you would think possible!

SkySter wrote: »
    Or even what Toy we're getting.. I really hope they don't tinker with it any more. Get rid of those stupid chips would be even better! :mad:

The AOA is the one I'd sacrifice, other's are grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Today has to be the day surely???

• Advertisement

Yeah. Reckon it'll be between 11.45 and 12.45 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yeah. Reckon it'll be between 11.45 and 12.45 today.

I
    Hope it's not today
    The young lad has an eye check up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Very silly question I'm sure but do players values go up and down between launch and turn 1?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Very silly question I'm sure but do players values go up and down between launch and turn 1?

Actually a good question
    But no is the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Can you imagine if they did. Us lot would have a team value of 105 before the season started.

Can you imagine if they did. Us lot would have a team value of 105 before the season started.

I've seen some people ask if your team value resets imagine how much money we would have to start the season by now if they didn't! There would be people with 300m!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Today has to be the day surely???

Well, whenever it is, I'm sure you'll be on here to tell us it's live before it actually is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Why ya think I'm asking ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

They can wait until The Open is over now at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

desperate waiting for it to go live.

that mark rodgers lad on twitter is some tease

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Mark Rogers "ITK"
    200_s.gif

• Advertisement

I'm starting to think it's going to be Friday evening before they go live to coincidence with the Friday night football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

While we're waiting may as well keep it interesting.. who will be the first player in your team?

hogey143 wrote: »
    While we're waiting may as well keep it interesting.. who will be the first player in your team?

Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

And who will be the first poster to let us know the game is live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

manual_man wrote: »
    Firmino

With liverpool's tough opening and the possibility he'll be a striker? I went with him for the last few weeks of last season and he was decent for me, but I'll give him and Liverpool a wide berth for a while this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

I always start with a goal keeper so technically the first player in my team will be one of those, likely Hugo Loris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Personally, I'm going De Gea (and cheaper playing GK)

United were one of the best defensive teams last year and expecting even better this year. (May even double up with a United DF)

Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'll be combining this...
    Personally, I'm going De Gea (and cheaper playing GK)

United were one of the best defensive teams last year and expecting even better this year. (May even double up with a United DF)

...and this...
    Aguero.

...and seeing what's left after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

With liverpool's tough opening and the possibility he'll be a striker? I went with him for the last few weeks of last season and he was decent for me, but I'll give him and Liverpool a wide berth for a while this time.

If memory serves he did pretty well against the bigger teams last season. There's a good chance he'll be in my team from first gw til last. Listed as a mid touch wood :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Aguero for me too.

Think I'm gonna go the 3-5-2 route this year. Did this predominantly the season before last and got a 1k finish, so I'll have a 4.5M striker in there.

Aguero for me too.

Think I'm gonna go the 3-5-2 route this year. Did this predominantly the season before last and got a 1k finish, so I'll have a 4.5M striker in there.

I've been doing 2 up top the last few years certainly makes the budget spread a lot further! I normally have a spot of rotation between the attacker and a couple of midfielders. Ighalo made it easier hopefully we have a striker in that price range emerge nice and early again.

I've been doing 2 up top the last few years certainly makes the budget spread a lot further! I normally have a spot of rotation between the attacker and a couple of midfielders. Ighalo made it easier hopefully we have a striker in that price range emerge nice and early again.

I'll have aguero
    And zlatan if he is 10.5 or under so prob have no choice but to go for a cheapie then

km79 wrote: »
    I'll have aguero
    And zlatan if he is 10.5 or under so prob have no choice but to go for a cheapie then

Seems like Ibra is going to be the one to make or break the start. Lots of people seem to be getting him in no matter what. 10.5 might be a bit optimistic I wouldn't be surprised to see him 11or even 11.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

1) PVA
    2) PVA
    3) PVA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

very hard to say who i'll def have in the team as all depends on the prices.

slingerz wrote: »
    very hard to say who i'll def have in the team as all depends on the prices.

Yeh I haven't thought about it at all yet. People coming up with prices and making RMTs at this stage are mad! Even if we did know the prices the transfer market is still open anything could happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

So what'd I miss? Sweet FA by the looks of it!

km79 wrote: »
    I'll have aguero

But,but,but, what about Mata?! :-)

....and making RMTs at this stage....

Just on this point, I've never seen the amount of RMT requests as bad on here as it was at this stage last year...i.e.. before a ball was kicked.

Might be an idea to set out a mandatory template for RMT requests so that people are forced into justifying their selections instead of just posting a screenshot and bumping their post when nobody replies? What about only allowing requests when you've critiqued a previous poster's selections?

When you look at any other FPL resource the comments are just a sea of "what do you guys think of this???". We're lucky enough that they're all kept to one thread here I suppose, but just a suggestion.

FHFC wrote: »
    So what'd I miss? Sweet FA by the looks of it!

bd71f076731d3e8450e6496e0d46c7aa.jpg

Invincible wrote: »
    But,but,but, what about Mata?! :-)

Well if he moves he will also be in my team

And who will be the first poster to let us know the game is live.

I'm putting my money on you

• Advertisement

Sure to be some marque signings before season kick off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Forgive a newbie but RMT??

Kankan14 wrote: »

Stands for 'Rate My Team'.

Just on this point, I've never seen the amount of RMT requests as bad on here as it was at this stage last year...i.e.. before a ball was kicked.

Might be an idea to set out a mandatory template for RMT requests so that people are forced into justifying their selections instead of just posting a screenshot and bumping their post when nobody replies? What about only allowing requests when you've critiqued a previous poster's selections?

When you look at any other FPL resource the comments are just a sea of "what do you guys think of this???". We're lucky enough that they're all kept to one thread here I suppose, but just a suggestion.

In an ideal world that would happen but that would also involve people actually reading the instruction on how to post an RMT which just isn't going to happen unfortunately! A short guide to what is expected in the OP with a Mod note in the title might get things moving in the right direction but you always have the randoms who drop in quick post their RMT and thats it. Agree its worth giving it a try though.

Kankan14 wrote: »

People like to post their teams looking for feedback but its rare that someone explains their thinking behind their picks which makes it harder to give feedback.

• Advertisement
Advertisement