Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

#justiceforpunctuality

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

km79 wrote: »
    Well if he moves he will also be in my team

If he moves to Everton maybe. If they have money to spend as rumoured they could be an interesting option in FPL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Looks like its the 18th before it launches

http://www.premierleague.com/contact/faqs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Tadic is interesting me the most as of right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Can't believe my guess was more or less bang on.
    My guess would be Monday the 18th of July so just less than 4 and a half weeks to wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

at the EARLIEST :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm putting my money on you

Not a chance not on twitter and im in the minority in that im actually enjoying the break. I may even leave it till August to pick my team. Although I'm probably kidding myself there ☺. My money is on jimmii or km79.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Is this newly updated or how are we only seeing this now:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Is this newly updated or how are we only seeing this now:eek:

just seen it on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

That's actually hilarious no one checked the FAQs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

That's actually hilarious no one checked the FAQs

That can't have been there all week surely. FFScout and all the rest of the FPL community, somebody woulda seen it.

I suspect the new site is causing delays so they've put that up as they were haunted with queries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

FHFC wrote: »
    That can't have been there all week surely. FFScout and all the rest of the FPL community, somebody woulda seen it.

I suspect the new site is causing delays so they've put that up as they were haunted with queries.

Yeah, think you are right.

The PL sent out a tweet today, something along the lines of '30 days to kick off'. About 90% of the replies were asking about when FF was launching (some asking more politely than others of course!)

hogey143 wrote: »
    While we're waiting may as well keep it interesting.. who will be the first player in your team?

Aguero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

hogey143 wrote:
    While we're waiting may as well keep it interesting.. who will be the first player in your team?

Siggy. Could easily be top scoring player after GW2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

FHFC wrote: »

Is it a new site? They'll be hoping to avoid the absolute disaster they had the last time the site was updated....:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The site probably can't cope with the fact BUIB has left for China.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

I bet it's the poxy app delaying release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Degag wrote: »
    Is it a new site? They'll be hoping to avoid the absolute disaster they had the last time the site was updated....:eek:

Complete new site and hosting. Apparently last time the site was updated it was also very late to launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Was it the last update that we got the GW2 WC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Forgive a newbie but RMT??

Rate my team. FYI another term you might see a lot is casual. They tend to look like these guys:

football-casual-fashion-08.jpg

They're the sort of people that get aggressive if you make a poxy capitain choice or mirror their transfers too often. Nothing to worry about online but I wouldn't want to meet them in person. Love to fight over anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

While we wait....who of the promoted teams are people running their eyes over?

Stephen Ward.....Triple Captain...first week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

spock. wrote: »
    Siggy. Could easily be top scoring player after GW2.

Any fear over reduced Siggy game time for the first few GWs due to Euro 2016?
    Have him pencilled in also depending on price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

What do people reckon on Spurs players??

I'll be approaching with extreme caution for the first few weeks - they had an horrendous end to the season, have a couple of suspensions iirc (?) and a lot of their players, esp. Kane & co., had a pretty horrific time at the Euros.

Opening fixtures not great either - Everton (a), Palace (h) and Liverpool (h)

mectavba wrote: »
    While we wait....who of the promoted teams are people running their eyes over?

Stephen Ward.....Triple Captain...first week?

Boro have a good start and Hull a bad one. Rhodes is a distinct possibility as my 3rd striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

We should all tweet the big FPL sites different start times when it goes live, along the lines of 'I have been reliably informed that the FPL site goes live @ 10am Monday the 18th of July'

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    We should all tweet the big FPL sites different start times when it goes live, along the lines of 'I have been reliably informed that the FPL site goes live @ 10am Monday the 18th of July'

Only after we have registered MarkRogers2 RealMarkRogers Mark_Rogers1 as the twitter accounts just so everyone knows its serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

jimmii wrote: »
    Was it the last update that we got the GW2 WC?

Yeah. It was a disaster.

Yeah. It was a disaster.

I was super pissed at that because I had set my team up for a few weeks while I few of my rivals had set up rubbish teams that did well in GW1 and were then able to fix it! That was the last season people in our league left it late to register!

Cartman78 wrote: »
    What do people reckon on Spurs players??

I'll be approaching with extreme caution for the first few weeks - they had an horrendous end to the season, have a couple of suspensions iirc (?) and a lot of their players, esp. Kane & co., had a pretty horrific time at the Euros.

Opening fixtures not great either - Everton (a), Palace (h) and Liverpool (h)

Dembele suspended until GW4 and Spurs are traditionally slow starters, I'm avoiding unless I decide Wimmer at say 4.5m is worth a flyer

jimmii wrote: »
    I was super pissed at that because I had set my team up for a few weeks while I few of my rivals had set up rubbish teams that did well in GW1 and were then able to fix it! That was the last season people in our league left it late to register!

Sooo...

Pick a team for GW1 only, assuming the new site will crash on or about GW1. This gives you a new, fancy, one-off WC before GW2 to set your team up with for many weeks after, still with two WCs in the bag...

burns.jpg?1310048574

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Not a chance not on twitter and im in the minority in that im actually enjoying the break. I may even leave it till August to pick my team. Although I'm probably kidding myself there ☺. My money is on jimmii or km79.

I always leave it late. Auto pick a team and leave it sitting until the week before.

Pre season injuries, transfers, players dropped - too many variables to pick early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I would like to do a league with €10 entry. But I've only been posting here since about October I'd say. Will anyone be doing a league for that much? I'm thinking classic league unlimited entries obv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Tomorrow then lads?

Paully D wrote: »
    Tomorrow then lads?

Not guaranteed. Its tomorrow at the earliest.

At least I've had Pokemon Go "so I'll know how to help the kids when they have problems" to tide me over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Not guaranteed. Its tomorrow at the earliest.

At least I've had Pokemon Go "so I'll know how to help the kids when they have problems" to tide me over.

I was off for a few days last week so it would have been the perfect time for me last week. Now that I'll be stuck back into work this week, I hope it doesn't launch, but I'm not bitter :p

cat-waiting-window-69.jpg

Every time I see there is a fresh post here my heart starts to race and I quickly check the FPL site then I realise its just someone posting a cat picture and am like

peanut.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

still not up yet?

are-you-kidding-me-cat2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

No cat meme sorry, but with Chelsea buying Kante, it's going to make their defence very tempting and with no Champions League the 13/2 on offer to win the Premiership is serious value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

patmac wrote: »
    No cat meme sorry, but with Chelsea buying Kante, it's going to make their defence very tempting and with no Champions League the 13/2 on offer to win the Premiership is serious value.

Off topic and no cat meme?

OUT!

I think its safe to say at this stage it won't be today either.

still not up yet?

are-you-kidding-me-cat2.jpg

Not going with kitten me is a missed opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Am I doing it right? :)

Caterpillar-Presents-Its-New-Cat%C2%AE-336F-Excavator.jpg

Doesn't look likely to be today now anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Am I doing it right? :)

Caterpillar-Presents-Its-New-Cat%C2%AE-336F-Excavator.jpg

Doesn't look likely to be today now anyway!

Totally wrong. Your just digging a hole for yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Doing some digging while he waits....

Screen-Shot-2014-10-27-at-9.20.41-PM-450x291.png

Kankan14 wrote: »
    I would like to do a league with €10 entry. But I've only been posting here since about October I'd say. Will anyone be doing a league for that much? I'm thinking classic league unlimited entries obv.

There's the regular boards pay league, with 80-120 participants. Lemlin ran it last year, mirwillbeback for a few years before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Mark has gone very quiet on twitter after promising us FPL would start last week.

spock. wrote: »
    Mark has gone very quiet on twitter after promising us FPL would start last week.

Certainly has. Either he's run for cover after being found out or he's saving it up for something that will settle if he's itk once and for all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

And it's LIVE

• Advertisement

Boom she's live.

Advertisement