Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Burnley Swansea rotate great fixture wise for the rest of the season. Good fixture between the two of them every gw.

Humm. Prob the last defence I want to invest in though. V little attacking treat and almost no cs options. That might change with the new man at the helm. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Humm. Prob the last defence I want to invest in though. V little attacking treat and almost no cs options. That might change with the new man at the helm. Thanks

Mawson has surprisingly good career stats, over a goal every 7 games from centre back. He's definitely the one I'd go with if I was getting a Swansea defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Mark Hughes confirms that berahino served an 8 week ban while at West brom for use of recreational drugs.
    Also confirmed he'll play some part v west brom this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

No doubt it has been asked before, but can anyone point me into the direction of that excel file with the potential blanks/DGW outlined throughout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

wardides wrote: »
    No doubt it has been asked before, but can anyone point me into the direction of that excel file with the potential blanks/DGW outlined throughout?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AXOuLIzI4un4adZxpsTCN7amF8Go81NHAPZcbi51ZbI/edit#gid=0

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Gent

7, 14, 0, 8, 13, 9

Brunt's scores in his last 6 home games.
    I can't understand how he still has only 3.6% ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

spock. wrote: »
    7, 14, 0, 8, 13, 9

Brunt's scores in his last 6 home games.
    I can't understand how he still has only 3.6% ownership.

Because he was a feckin' doubt when I WCed! :pac:!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

If anyone had a bad GW, at least you're not this guy.

That said, he is still ahead of many of us, sitting at 50k. He was at 9k before the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

That said, he is still ahead of many of us, sitting at 50k. He was at 9k before the weekend.

How !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

km79 wrote: »
    How !

That team looks inexpensive, must have loads itb!

Southampton are leading the race to sign former Juventus defender Martin Caceres. #saintsfc https://t.co/EpPEeFqk1s

Danger for yoshida !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The fact that that guy can make it to the top 10k gives me hope yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You'd have to wonder how, that team is abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

CSF wrote: »
    You'd have to wonder how, that team is abysmal.
    Exactly. Or his account's just been hacked. Don't know how he could have reached such high ground with such an unbalanced team.
    The fact that that guy can make it to the top 10k gives me hope yet!
    In fairness, I'm the opposite. It's still early enough in the season but if he wasn't hacked, it shows how much an impact random and luck can have on the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I say he triple'd up on Palace on Purpose? And was probably really banking on them keeping a clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

De Gea

Koscielny Baines Dann/PVA

Sanchez Eriksen Iwobi Wilshere Shaqiri

Aguero Berahino

Jak Dann/PVA Okazaki Delaney

There's the core of a good team from Gameweek's past. It just looks like he's made a few bad decisions recently. Or hasn't the time to do his team. He won't be the only one who trusted Aguero and gambled on Berahino. Looks like he hasn't had opportunity to shift Shaq. He probably had PVA before he became the great hope and was with Sunderland. Ill prepared for the blanks ahead, evidence of him unable to give the time to his team. Would have to see the previous few gameweeks for what went wrong and what he was doing right before.

Southampton are leading the race to sign former Juventus defender Martin Caceres. #saintsfc https://t.co/EpPEeFqk1s

Danger for yoshida !

Martin Caceres has passed his medical at Southampton and is waiting on a work permit before finalising the move. #saintsfc

Dreams of a yoshida DGW slowly fading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Martin Caceres has passed his medical at Southampton and is waiting on a work permit before finalising the move. #saintsfc

Dreams of a yoshida DGW slowly fading

I think there's a good chance it'll be Stephens who'll be the casualty here, at least until VVD is back fit.

• Advertisement

I think there's a good chance it'll be Stephens who'll be the casualty here, at least until VVD is back fit.

Oh yes but it's then that the DGW will be
    May end up selling him at some point now
    He served his BB purpose anyway

Mike Dean reffing Boro - Everton.

Is Baines finally going to get a penalty?

spock. wrote: »
    Mike Dean reffing Boro - Everton.

Is Baines finally going to get a penalty?

No lukaku will take it

:D

Lukaku takes it and misses and lolz as he trolls everyone

Bruntinho signs a new contract at West Brom. Hopefully that will fend off any interest from the likes of Real Madrid et al.

http://www.wba.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/chris-brunt-albion-west-brom-new-contract-premier-league-wba-3566301.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mootlik

Who would you pick;
    Brunt v whu away, or
    Holebas v man Utd away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Mootlik wrote: »
    Who would you pick;
    Brunt v whu away, or
    Holebas v man Utd away?

Brunt - more attacking threat and less of a card magnet

Mootlik wrote: »
    Who would you pick;
    Brunt v whu away, or
    Holebas v man Utd away?

Brunt
    It's not even a debate tbh

Yeah that is a no-brainer.

Brunt it is then. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm debating benching brunt myself if Evans is still injured which means he will be lb. Play Alonso chambers baines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I'm having a similarish Brunt conundrum.

I'm planning on banking and making 3 transfers next week of which Brunt in for Chambers is one. Should I just go ahead with that now as I have Chambers starting home to Everton.

It's nice to have a transfer banked in case something changes - is Brunt away at WH worth taking the plunge?

I'm planning on banking and making 3 transfers next week of which Brunt in for Chambers is one. Should I just go ahead with that now as I have Chambers starting home to Everton.

It's nice to have a transfer banked in case something changes - is Brunt away at WH worth taking the plunge?

Definitely no need to make that transfer this week. Brunt's away form is very poor and it will be handy to have 2 FTs for after the fa cup games.

It would be typical Everton to follow up last weekend's goalfest with a 0-0 draw. I'm playing Chambers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

i'm thinking Ibra to Costa for week 26 and then reversing that back for week 27, also tempted to do Sanchez to Hazard for gw26 as well, although without a wc I'm not sure about that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm debating benching brunt myself if Evans is still injured which means he will be lb. Play Alonso chambers baines.

Have same choice and think I'm sticking with Bruntinho. He's scored well if not better attacking wise from LB.

From the@anfieldexpress lads....

"Simon Mignolet is set to be dropped against Spurs on Saturday. #LFC"

FHFC wrote: »

mane going to be fly goalie apparently

:D

What was I thinking with mignolet.

Brunt it is then. Thanks

It would be typical Everton to follow up last weekend's goalfest with a 0-0 draw. I'm playing Chambers.

MBoro have one of the best defences in the league

• Advertisement

Didn't he only manage a match saving the game before last? Did he have some real howlers against Hull? If not it doesn't sound that believable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Didn't he only manage a match saving the game before last? Did he have some real howlers against Hull? If not it doesn't sound that believable.

First goal was partly his fault but it should have never gotten to the stage where he should have been put in a situation like that, second goal..I don't think he did much wrong but that error on top of the error against Chelsea probably the reason he may be dropped

He's been woeful in last 2 matches. Wasn't even looking at play when Luiz struck his free kick (granted it was so good he probably wouldn't have stopped it anyway but at least give yourself a chance, you'd be embarrassed if a Sunday league keeper turned away from a free kick)
    He did save a penalty in that game which papered over the cracks of a poor performance but was awful again against Hull. Clearly cost them the first goal.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped and never return to the first team, you can't be a serious challenger to top 4 with such a liability in goal.
    Decent keeper for the likes of Sunderland or palace but never a top 6 club.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    He's been woeful in last 2 matches. Wasn't even looking at play when Luiz struck his free kick (granted it was so good he probably wouldn't have stopped it anyway but at least give yourself a chance, you'd be embarrassed if a Sunday league keeper turned away from a free kick)
    He did save a penalty in that game which papered over the cracks of a poor performance but was awful again against Hull. Clearly cost them the first goal.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped and never return to the first team, you can't be a serious challenger to top 4 with such a liability in goal.
    Decent keeper for the likes of Sunderland or palace but never a top 6 club.

Spot on with all of that the only problem is the replacement looks even worse.

Spot on with all of that the only problem is the replacement looks even worse.

The replacement is young though with scope for improvement. I think we can all agree Mignolet will get no better.
    I'm not for a second comparing Karius to DeGea in terms of ability but DeGea came to England as a young keeper also and had his critics over some poor decisions and lack of authority, he was also dropped. He came back stronger, bulked up and is now in the top 3 keepers in the world if not the best.
    Again, I'm not saying Karius has that potential but it is a tough league for a young keeper and I'd see no harm in playing him over Mignolet until the season ends and seeing if he shows a bit more potential. Rather than just playing the no hoper Mignolet who will be gone back to a lower table club in the summer.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    The replacement is young though with scope for improvement. I think we can all agree Mignolet will get no better.
    I'm not for a second comparing Karius to DeGea in terms of ability but DeGea came to England as a young keeper also and had his critics over some poor decisions and lack of authority, he was also dropped. He came back stronger, bulked up and is now in the top 3 keepers in the world if not the best.
    Again, I'm not saying Karius has that potential but it is a tough league for a young keeper and I'd see no harm in playing him over Mignolet until the season ends and seeing if he shows a bit more potential. Rather than just playing the no hoper Mignolet who will be gone back to a lower table club in the summer.
    Again I agree with all that. Karius will be under some pressure now if he start. Its too early to judge karius but he hasn't convinced me so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Again I agree with all that. Karius will be under some pressure now if he start.

That doesn't sound like a bad thing to me. If he's actually going to push on and be a player he needs this sort of pressure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

8-10 wrote: »
    That doesn't sound like a bad thing to me. If he's actually going to push on and be a player he needs this sort of pressure

As a pool fan, I would rather see Karius get the nod but he needs to be told, your in til the end of the season, no matter what.....Would ease the pressure a tad knowing doesn't have to be looking over his shoulder if he makes a blunder or two

raiders11 wrote: »
    As a pool fan, I would rather see Karius get the nod but he needs to be told, your in til the end of the season, no matter what.....Would ease the pressure a tad knowing doesn't have to be looking over his shoulder if he makes a blunder or two

Bit OT, but surely if competiting for leagues and cups etc you want a keeper that doesn't feel pressure so easily?

Pressure makes or break people so it's a 50-50 to see how his next game goes.

• Advertisement

Bit OT, but surely if competiting for leagues and cups etc you want a keeper that doesn't feel pressure so easily?

Pressure makes or break people so it's a 50-50 to see how his next game goes.

Wait. We're still talking about Liverpool right?? ;)

Thought Karius did well in those cup game he played recently. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Migs was dropped.

Advertisement