Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

km79 wrote: »

The only way he will leave the Emirates will be in a wooden box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    Interesting looking concept...

http://fantasyfootballmag.com/

This launches in the next half hour or so.

Pre register on the link above to get emailed a copy.

40 pages and some interesting stuff apart from 3,000 word or so from yours truly.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

This launches in the next half hour or so.

Pre register on the link above to get emailed a copy.

40 pages and some interesting stuff apart from 3,000 word or so from yours truly.... ;)

Reading this at the moment while procrastinating finishing my thesis, and I have to say it's really well done, much better than I was expecting and very professional looking.

Apart from the simply awful puns in the Chip Analysis piece ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah just read through it there. It's a good concept, and very well laid out. Your part is as insightful as you would expect from yourself FHFC, and there's plenty of good ideas in there too.

Unfortunately there's a bit of the Twitter groupthink mentality in there too which isn't overly appealing (which led to me then not being that surprised by some of the worst offenders in terms of Twitter accounts then having columns later in the piece). Quotes like 'a well organised team should only need one transfer per week' being bolded don't do anyone any justice in there. The points hit analysis article later wasn't great for me either, one guy's experience with hits isn't a great sample size nor is it telling much.

It looks like the kind of thing that would be invaluable to someone who wasn't quite casual, but was still learning the core concepts of managing the intricacies of the game, but my constructive criticism would be to try and get more stuff in there like yours, that would offer something insightful to even to us guys who think they know it all. Something like an interview with Ben Dinnery, to see how he goes about compiling and analysing his information he puts out there (if only to pacify Busts) would be great too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I went to the Southampton website once -- just once -- to check on Gabbiadini's fitness, and now I'm plagued on boards by ads for Southampton jerseys. Honestly lads, if Yoshida is the coolest player you've got for your ads you need to rethink your non-Japanese marketing strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I went to the Southampton website once -- just once -- to check on Gabbiadini's fitness, and now I'm plagued on boards by ads for Southampton jerseys. Honestly lads, if Yoshida is the coolest player you've got for your ads you need to rethink your non-Japanese marketing strategy.

And what was the latest on gabbiadinis injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

blah blah not too serious maybe blah blah "hopeful" blah blah buy our jerseys blah blah

Dinnery say 'expected to be around 3 weeks'

Daily Mail say 'inside a month'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4335326/Southampton-hope-quick-Gabbiadini-return-injury.html

Dinnery say 'expected to be around 3 weeks'

Daily Mail say 'inside a month'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4335326/Southampton-hope-quick-Gabbiadini-return-injury.html

That's not good as gw30 -32 he has 3 great fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

That's not good as gw30 -32 he has 3 great fixtures.

Shane long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Just had a look at the gameweek 32 fixture list.
    Potential to be one of the highest scoring non dgws ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Do we have a boards league in Eliteserien Fantasy yet! Thats a bit too hardcore for me but it does give you the opportunity to pay £12.5m for Nicklas Bendtner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

jimmii wrote: »
    Do we have a boards league in Eliteserien Fantasy yet! Thats a bit too hardcore for me but it does give you the opportunity to pay £12.5m for Nicklas Bendtner.

Too hardcore for me also. However, it would be interesting to see how someone from this neck of the woods got on, assuming they had no prior knowledge of the league, and came at it from a purely analytical point of view.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Too hardcore for me also. However, it would be interesting to see how someone from this neck of the woods got on, assuming they had no prior knowledge of the league, and came at it from a purely analytical point of view.

MGP is still ticking over up there too be like back in the old days. Ville Ronka has already signed up and its nothing but RMTs on FFS right now the degens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

spock. wrote: »
    Just had a look at the gameweek 32 fixture list.
    Potential to be one of the highest scoring non dgws ever.

Working on getting 2 of each from all the big guns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

What order would people have these in preference weekend?

Robertson (WHU)
    Carroll (MID)
    Yoshida (BOU)

Robertson (WHU)
    Carroll (MID)
    Yoshida (BOU)

Yoshi, Roberston, Carroll imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Robertson (WHU)
    Carroll (MID)
    Yoshida (BOU)

If you have Andy Carroll and don't play him at home to boro you may as well downgrade him to anicehebe or the like
    if you have him play him
    I will NEVER have him again so i won't ever have this dilemma:D

Yoshida Robertson is a tough call as I think they will both concede
    I'm actually playing brunt ahead of yoshida as things stand

• Advertisement

If you have Andy Carroll and don't play him at home to boro you may as well downgrade him to anicehebe or the like
    if you have him play him

Andy Carroll isn't playing Middlesborough :pac:

Andy Carroll isn't playing Middlesborough :pac:

Oh wait it's Tom Carroll isn't it
    Oops
    Time for bed

:D

if you have him play him

Yoshida Robertson is a tough call as I think they will both concede
    I'm actually playing brunt ahead of yoshida as things stand

Sorry it's Tom Carroll I should have clarified!

Yeah agree both those games will probably have goals but Carroll isn't much of an attacking threat either.

Sorry it's Tom Carroll I should have clarified!

Yeah agree both those games will probably have goals but Carroll isn't much of an attacking threat either.

What's rest of squad

What's rest of squad

DDG

Valencia Walker (Robertson Yoshida Baines)

Alli Siggy Coutinho Mane (Carroll)

Llorente Costa Lukaku

So just trying to decide on my third defender and the order of my bench. Had Baines as last sub but as I write this I'm thinking I should probably have in the mix.

Owen Hargreaves still riding high http://www.balls.ie/football/owen-hargreaves-fantasy-football-362145?google_editors_picks=true

But was was listening to the Guardian football podcast on Monday and James Richardson, who also presents the Fantasy Scout Programme, mentioned it wasn't all his work - said he has a 'team' of people helping him.

• Advertisement

Pickford (wat) or Jakupovic (WHU) for GW30??

FHFC wrote:
    Pickford (wat) or Jakupovic (WHU) for GW30??

Bookies say Jaku and I'd have to agree, think west Ham will struggle without Antonio

Bookies say Jaku and I'd have to agree, think west Ham will struggle without Antonio

I'd probably expect both to concede, slightly leaning towards Pickford for save points potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

anyone know why Holebas wasn't playing last GW? Watford have couple decent fixtures coming up

Assume Kev TC'd Considine in SFPL tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

There are nine Premier League news conferences today ahead of the midweek fixtures. Here are the times you need (all times BST):

Stoke 9:30 Burnley 11:00 Everton 12:00 Sunderland 12:00 West Brom 12:00 Spurs 12:30 Leicester 13:00 Southampton 14:00 Swansea 17:00

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/39031485

Here's your Stoke manager Mark Hughes:

"From the weekend we have a few bumps and bruises. [Striker] Peter Crouch has a bang on his knee.

"Xherdan Shaqiri will train today but may not be fit for tomorrow. We are waiting on Geoff Cameron but he may well miss out."

Whats that website that tells you the scores your captain has got. Captaincy and my gks have been a major let down of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Whats that website that tells you the scores your captain has got. Captaincy and my gks have been a major let down of late.

This one ?
    http://anewpla.net/fpl/report/

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Ye that's the one thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Who should I start - Azpi (home vs City) or Tavies (away vs United) or Crouch (away vs Burnley) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

This is what happens after you sell Tom Heaton on wildcard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

dahat wrote: »

Feels odd to have benched Heaton 2 weeks in a row and to have gained points as a result

KevIRL wrote: »
    Feels odd to have benched Heaton 2 weeks in a row and to have gained points as a result

He has been my season default bar the odd game I played Hennessy, keepers have been one of few highlights this season for me.

dahat wrote: »

I'm an idiot I spent most of pre season bigging him.up and have probably only owned him for 6 gws.

I'm an idiot I spent most of pre season bigging him.up and have probably only owned him for 6 gws.

I thought it was a very odd move at the time alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Were there any notable hacks of FPL over the years :)? Like, for example, was there ever a time you could see your opponent's team before kick off :)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Were there any notable hacks of FPL over the years :)? Like, for example, was there ever a time you could see your opponent's team before kick off :)?

From what I remember, there was a hack where you could make multiple transfers (lots of minus points) and on the page where it said "do you want to confirm..it will give you minus 24 etc, you were able to edit that on the html section or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just realised I'll have exactly enough to do Costa to Aguero next weekend. I really should buy Ibra, that would be the sensible move but the lure of Kun could prove too much.

over the season captains 398 and gks 105.

Captain: 385 Goalkeepers: 95 for me

Didn't think either were that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

355 and 113

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

467 and 126

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Total Captain Points : 453
    Total Played Keeper Points : 110

If I had captained my higest scoring player each week the captain total would have been 94 points higher. Not too bad I suppose as it works out to an average of about 3 points extra per week :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

488 & 109... 206 points worse off by choosing wrong captain. Think that says I've had the big hitters but my overall means I've had alot of dead weight as a result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

421 for C and 99 for GK. If I hit the right captain each week it would be 738 points. An extra 317 points would be nice right now!

Advertisement