Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 - Group A - Romania vs Switzerland, 5 pm, TV3 & ITV

• 15-06-2016 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

romania-switzerland-preview-badge-euros-euro-2016-graphic_3483754.jpg?20160614110631

Romania vs Switzerland

5:00pm Wednesday 15th June
    Parc des Princes

Teams:

Romania: Tatarusanu, Sapunaru, Chiriches, Grigore, Rat, Prepelita, Pintilii, Torje, Stancu, Chipciu, Keseru.

Switzerland: Sommer, Lichtsteiner, Schar, Djourou, Rodriguez, Behrami, Xhaka, Shaqiri, Dzemaili, Mehmedi, Seferovic.

Switzerland have 3 points on the board while Romania are looking to get off the mark.

My prediction record has nosedived the past few days so I'm sitting on the fence for this one and saying 1-1.

What's your prediction?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Swiss win, 2-0.

PS. my predictions have also been terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Swiss win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Nil all draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Nice to have Martin Tyler and Alan Smith again. Bit early for Keith Andrews, or should I say KEITH ANDREWS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

2-1 Switzerland. Maybe 3-1. Either way, the Swiss to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Moneys on the Swiss

Should have been 1-0 Switzerland already.

Good chance for Seferovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

TV3's picture quality is so bad that I can barely track Xhaka which is, as an Arsenal fan, half the reason I'm interested in this match. I'll stick with it over ITV simply because of the commentary team.

I'd imagine a Swiss win here. Could be hard to open Romania up though so maybe 1-0.

Should be 2-0 to Switzerland. Decent save but straight at the keeper.

Mad and now Romania have a soft penalty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Referees seem to like Romania for some reason!

Romania have done nothing and yet somehow they're winning. Tugs like that on jerseys go on all the time and go unpunished. Let's see if the ref is consistent here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

I've enjoyed the tournament but the games seem to all be playing out the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mec27 wrote: »
    I've enjoyed the tournament but the games seem to all be playing out the same.

In what way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Grandeeod wrote: »
    In what way?

People keep scoring goals!! :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Seferovic has missed some amount of chances in the two games so far.

I fancy Romania in this one.

The Swiss wasting decent opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Highlight of the first half was the ref running in a circle around the ball just before the penalty. Was bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I enjoyed that, Romania showing alot of fight to walk in 1-0. Nice to see the underdogs giving it a go.

• Advertisement

Great strike! 1-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He caught that nicely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Caught up with the umpteen threads now the match, come on Romania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I keep noticing Embolo taking an age to get himself back onside. A few times after an attack has broken down for them, the Swiss have regained possession again in a dangerous area, moving the ball around the box, and Embolo is still offside from the last move, slooooowly strolling back onside. Very odd, considering he should be the freshest man on the field :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Enjoyable enough game but Switzerland will be kicking themselves for not winning that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

That'll do. Not a bad result for Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Bret Hart wrote: »
    That'll do. Not a bad result for Ireland.

How? Romania beat Albania on the last day and that's another group with third on 4 points. It was a bad result.

That's Group A and B with a likeliness to probably having a team on 4 points in third.

SantryRed wrote: »
    How? Romania beat Albania on the last day and that's another group with third on 4 points. It was a bad result.

That's Group A and B with a likeliness to probably having a team on 4 points in third.

Obviously you are right. Unfortunately our lack of 3 points against the Swedes has left us a mountain to climb. The best Ireland can achieve based on form is 3 points, but who knows...

Sorry. Off topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Obviously you are right. Unfortunately our lack of 3 points against the Swedes has left us a mountain to climb. The best Ireland can achieve based on form is 3 points, but who knows...

Sorry. Off topic.

Italy to beat Sweden, Ireland and Belgium to draw.
    Italy guaranteed top slot and play a weakened team - Ireland win and qualify in 2nd - Simples

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

SantryRed wrote: »

I know we may be asking for a favour from the Albanians in the last game in Group A,depending on of course how our next game pans out,but it's not to far a stretch too think they may squeeze out a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Terrible result for us, we want as few teams as possible to get points,2 pts might even get us through,or we cud just beat italy and belgium

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

You have to be beating Sweden, it's not the world cup where you bank on a point with the fellow European side and then three against Trinidad and Tobago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Italy to beat Sweden, Ireland and Belgium to draw.
    Italy guaranteed top slot and play a weakened team - Ireland win and qualify in 2nd - Simples

Hope so but I would prefer that we beat Belgium too and make up for not winning against the Swedes.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement