Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chickenpox

Options
  • 15-06-2016 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Am I right in thinking that I don't need to avoid people with chickenpox if I have already had it as I have immunity and that will protect the babas?

I have a client tomorrow whose daughter has chickenpox at the moment and he just mailed me to check if it is an issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I had this because I spent an afternoon with a friends kid and he came down with chickenpox the next day.

I rang the midwives (since I'm with the domino scheme) and they looked up my file and confirmed that they'd tested me after my booking appointment and I was immune so nothing to worry about. Given you're a slightly more complicated case, might be best to call and double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

To be honest, if you're pregnant, I'd avoid chicken pox no matter what. I'd agree about calling and double checking, but I'd err on the side of caution anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Kantava

I think I would err on side of caution with this also.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Just FYI, checked with my midwife and because I had chicken pox there would be no issue with me meeting my client.

After all that, my client couldn't arrange childcare so had to cancel anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I had this issue because my son had chickenpox 3 weeks before my due date. My GP and my gyny both reassured me that once you've had it before there is no issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement