Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New wheels

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

It appears, that only tubular rims are available.
    Is it tubulars, that you are looking for?

There was mention a few weeks ago in another thread about Superstar wheels.
    I seem to remember a problem with wheels going out of true very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭G1032

There have been a few reports on here recently about spokes breaking on Superstar wheels.

That said, I bought a set off them myself during the Easter just gone. They are the Alexrims R380's with the Icon Ultra hubs. I've had absolutely no issues with them so far which is nice to say the least, after buying a set of Zondas 18 months ago which have given me nothing but grief.

I've a little over 1800km on them. A lot of the roads around here aren't the best either but the wheels are absolutely fine so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

I have a pair with Icon ultra hubs. The wheelset they replaced had deteriorated quite a bit (well, the hub bearings anyway), so I'm currently enjoying a ' new wheel ' honeymoon period.

I've only done about 600 km on them. Next week I'll be doing about 800 so will see how they get on. So far so good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I have the pave 28 rims with the icon ultra hubs and they work great for me, I'm about 88kg and had them out on over the winter with no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

I have a set of Arc22 Rims with Volta hubs. They went out of true after the first ride. I have now ridden on them twice and tonight I noticed that two of the spokes on the front wheel cross over. It seems they were built wrong, as the rest of the spokes are arranged radially.

Pic here:
    https://postimg.org/image/kd40u9nbb/

I'll be contacting them tomorrow to see if they'll take them back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

gaffmaster wrote: »
    I have a set of Arc22 Rims with Volta hubs. They went out of true after the first ride. I have now ridden on them twice and tonight I noticed that two of the spokes on the front wheel cross over. It seems they were built wrong, as the rest of the spokes are arranged radially.

Pic here:

I'd be contacting them tomorrow, to tell them, that they'd be taking them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

That's shocking, how did that pass QC?

Pic here:

Sent them back and they confirmed they'd refund them today. In fairness to Superstar Components, they were good with returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭G1032

Sent them back and they confirmed they'd refund them today. In fairness to Superstar Components, they were good with returns.

How much did it cost to return them and are they covering the cost of the return postage?

G1032 wrote: »
    How much did it cost to return them and are they covering the cost of the return postage?

They sent me a UPS return label so no cost to return them. But I live in London, so I'm not sure what the craic is with postage from back home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Sent 2 wheels to superstar for repair at a cost of 22e postage using envoy.ie (boardsie who is involved with envoy put me on to it). Week later got wheels back trued and spoke replaced. Done 3 spins and they seem to be staying true.

Advertisement