Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym with a punchbag around Grand Canal Dock?

Options
  • 15-06-2016 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

So far, I've been unable to find one.

There are a few boxing clubs/gyms around, but you need to sign up for classes, monthly etc.

I don't necessarily want to box. (I'm a male, 39, by the way) but I have a few drills I used to do in a gym down at home.

I'd vary the boxing drills with bike, treadmill etc, but so far around GCD, the likes of the Clayton hotel, Flye Fit don't seem to have the punch bags.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

So you're looking for a gym that you don't need to become a member that has both punching bags as well as regular gym gear and around Grand Canal Dock?

I would be amazed if you could find somewhere that ticked all those boxes I would imagine you're going to have to be flexible on something. Realistically you're going to have to become a member or look further afield. Would you get one at home? I find I train much more frequently at home than if I was having to drag myself to the gym and works out much cheaper over the course of a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Flyefit on Macken Street seem to have them, you can see 3 on their street view, perhaps they're put away and you need to ask for them?

https://goo.gl/maps/dXGKzUSKoGP2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

No, I'd have no problem joining a gym. I had been looking at flye fit earlier and didn't check the pics!
    Must have a wander down to see though I hear it gets quite busy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I think Flyefit would have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

seachto7 wrote: »
    No, I'd have no problem joining a gym. I had been looking at flye fit earlier and didn't check the pics!
    Must have a wander down to see though I hear it gets quite busy?

Anyone know if if the classes are busy? Would be interested in joining but want to be able to join classes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

So far, I've been unable to find one.

There are a few boxing clubs/gyms around, but you need to sign up for classes, monthly etc.

I don't necessarily want to box. (I'm a male, 39, by the way) but I have a few drills I used to do in a gym down at home.

I'd vary the boxing drills with bike, treadmill etc, but so far around GCD, the likes of the Clayton hotel, Flye Fit don't seem to have the punch bags.

Flye Fit have at least 1 bag. €9 PAYG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I hear FF gets really busy after work but not sure how many would be tearing into the punch bags ...

All I want is bike, treadmill and bag for a few drills and that's me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

I hear FF gets really busy after work but not sure how many would be tearing into the punch bags ...

All I want is bike, treadmill and bag for a few drills and that's me!

As I said, it's €9 PAYG. Why not give it a bash around the time you generally plan on using it and suss it out?

Advertisement