Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 Group A, France v Albania, 8PM TV3 & ITV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Gutted for Albania :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Hilarious.

Giroud is in for his height and heading ability, misses a thousand headers, then tiny Griezmann scores with a header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

jacool wrote: »
    I can see a goal before the 70th minute.
    Be exciting if its Albania but Payet seems to be on the ball more now.
    Always mix up them 7's and 9's me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A good result for us in the grand scheme of things but you'd have to feel for Albania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I found it quite obvious on the replay the other direction to be honest.

he stuck is leg directly into the Albanian's path. He doesn't need to kick him for it to be a foul, he just needs to put out the leg trying to reach the ball, fail to reach the ball, and impede the man. Yeah the Albanian made a bit of a meal of it, but it was still a clear foul.

Agree to disagree :D

He had his leg in his path but he didn't touch him dived into the leg that's all their is to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Undeserved

Nah, it is. They've been all over Albania. It's more cruel than being undeserving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

W****ers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

****in' hell! it's been coming for a long time, can't say it's not deserved.

Albanian defender saw it happening and even gave out about the lack of cover in the build up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

It's amazing with so many stars on the pitch and their main form of attack has been crossing/long passes to Gigroud

Don't they play like that intentionablly? They have no creativity at all. Pogba is good but he's not exactly Pirlo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Albania are on their arses after putting in a huge shift and that's a right kick in the nuts. It was coming though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

This could be frances year with all these late escapes, although they will have to improve a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Pogba rumoured to be worth 120 million euro is laughable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Delighted for Griezmann, brutally honest player and an absolute wizard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I thought he left it a bit too late to bring on the big guns but they delivered in the end and its worked out well. They can relax for the next game now which will help them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It was always likely, it's that sort of tournament - no points being won cheaply really bar Italy v Belgium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

well i think this 4-2-3-1 experiment didnt work.

back to Pogba and the g-man.

Why have they not brought Lacazette by the way? Seems he'd provide a different option to Gignac and Giroud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Italy the only team looking like winners to me.

That's a goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This could be frances year with all these late escapes, although they will have to improve a lot.

I dunno. Obviously they'll be more mentally prepared the deeper they go in the tournament but these past two performances wouldn't leave you with much confidence.

Payet, magic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Knew I should have stuck the captaincy on him. Fook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,198 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Payet loves a late goal

Coman-Griezmann-Payet has to be the front three the next day. It's a shame Ben Arfa wasn't brought. He could definitely do a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Already backed Payet for the golden boot and player of the tournament after the Romania game. Not looking bad at the minute! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

What a pass Pogba.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭El Chapo

Just want to give Albania a big hug. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

West Ham fans must be hating this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

**** sake.. You really have to feel sorry for the Albanians, they were great for 90 minutes.

Credit to the French though with that never give in attitude, a totally different animal than past tournaments.

• Advertisement

Haha, Payet, what a ****in' legend!

Why have they not brought Lacazette by the way? Seems he'd provide a different option to Gignac and Giroud.

Probably left out to fit in one of Martial or Coman. Giroud and Griezmann were always going to be picked though Gignac is slightly left field alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The second was easy as Albania were all at sea and they knew there was no time to go back up the other end.

He's a little bit special that Payet lad. Pogba's pass was sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

mansize wrote: »
    Watch Germany tomorrow night. Might change your mind.

Albanie, mes pauvres lapins :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

mansize wrote: »

Spain for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

A weird consequence of the 24 team tournament is that if Albania beat Romania on Sunday, they will be left in limbo for three days waiting to see if they will be knocked out or not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I love ya Dimitri, but will ye stop being awesome for once like a good lad!

I love ya Dimitri, but will ye stop being awesome for once like a good lad!

He is gone bro, accept it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

R00ster wrote: »
    A weird consequence of the 24 team tournament is that if Albania beat Romania on Sunday, they will be left in limbo for three days waiting to see if they will be knocked out or not.

They almost certainly will be knocked out. 4 points or 3 draws should be enough for any team to get 3rd, 3 points by losing twice though probably won't be because of goal difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Payet keeps this up and I can see a move too a big club happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Clear Hearts

France trolling teams again, Talent getting Deshamps out of jail again

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

martyos121 wrote: »
    They almost certainly will be knocked out. 4 points or 3 draws should be enough for any team to get 3rd, 3 points by losing twice though probably won't be because of goal difference.

Yeah, they would have to win by at least 3 to have a chance. The games have been very close so far, no drubbings yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

What the actual fcuk?! Barely 3 minutes of "analysis" on TV3 and ANOTHER ad? Ridiculous stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

All these extra places in Euros making for some poor early games.
    I think most are of the opinion its been the most exciting Euros since 1996!

Why on earth are people of that opinion? The standard has been shocking.
    of course , but those 2 were the pick of the bunch, just saying this tourny is really intriguing. I guess the 3rd place chance of qualifying is ensuring teams are really giving there all and confidence is high.

I think it's making some teams complacent, just as in the qualifying stage of the competition. It's too easy for the bigger nations to qualify and there is no pressure making for little intrigue in my opinion. They don't have to try their best and it's showing in performances. Some of the teams, including the two Ireland's are really poor teams and they are amongst a handful of teams who simply have no chance of winning the competition, even if they got all the luck in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd imagine that Payet has replaced Pogba as the darling of French football after the first two games in the Euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Paully D wrote: »
    West Ham fans must be hating this!

Why?

Have you read the co-owner David Sullivan's comments of late?

"“It’s as simple as this – we are not selling him – not at any price. “West Ham United is building a team around Dimi Payet – he will not be moving anywhere and that is that.”"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

vicwatson wrote: »
    Why?

"“It’s as simple as this – we are not selling him – not at any price. “West Ham United is building a team around Dimi Payet – he will not be moving anywhere and that is that.”"

Talk is cheap in football to be honest. 29 years old. In Europes shop window. Perhaps his last chance at a move to a big club. I'd be very surprised if he's at West Ham next season.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Why?

Thats kind of what you'd expect him to say regardless though. Keeps fans onside, and only serves to drive up the price.

But at the end of the day, he's 29...if the right offer comes in he'll go, and West Ham will do verrrrry well out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Thats kind of what you'd expect him to say regardless though. Keeps fans onside, and only serves to drive up the price.

But at the end of the day, he's 29...if the right offer comes in he'll go, and West Ham will do verrrrry well out of it.

As a WHU fan I obviously hope he stays and his and his agents comments say he is very happy at WHU. However, if Real of Barca (or maybe PSG) were to come in for him, then I can't see him staying...and I won't hold it against him. Now, if he was to go to Chelsea/Arsenal it would be a different matter. But I don't think he will be let go to another English club for any money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement