Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genetic testing after D&C

Options
  • 15-06-2016 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi

We had a missed miscarriage 2 weeks ago. We just got a call from the Coombe asking us to come in for results and for blood tests over the next few weeks. Obviously not good news on the results. Has anyone else been called back in?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I did.

My missed mc was at 12 weeks but baby had died at about 7.
    My hcg level was at 49000 and I'd had no mc symptoms.
    Based on that they thought I might have had a partial molar pregnancy.

They did a blood test a week on me until my HCG was normal, think it was 4 weeks and sent samples off for genetic testing. The genetic testing came back normal (no partial molar) so I wasn't called in for any other follow up but that was the Rotunda.

Other hospitals may bring everyone in for a two week follow up and to explain the results. I had a two week check up after my cyst op (private, not Rotunda) for instance. That was just to make sure I was recovering on track. I was a bit annoyed with the Rotunda's follow up and I'm pretty sure it fell far short of best practice.

Advertisement