Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any treatment for dead hair that works?

Options
  • 15-06-2016 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I have mid-length hair, wavy with a lot of damage/frizz. I dye it maybe 3 times a year? Rarely if ever blowdry or use straighteners or curlers. I also rarely get it cut which is why my hair is in such bad shape. The ends are dry and strawlike, and frizzy throughout. I've tried a lot of products to try to smooth it out, or to soften the ends without much difference. At this stage I know the best thing to do is to just cut the damage away but the thing is I'm getting married in 4 months (was supposed to be in a year or two but plans have changed!), so I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to prepare my hair in time for my wedding. It's a casual wedding and my hair will most likely be down. I don't mind cutting my hair off after the wedding, would just like it to look smooth and sleek for just one day! Money is of course an issue but if something works, I'll do it! Any advice please? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭zoeybelle

Hi! I had exactly the same problem. I never found anything that worked to the point of my hair looking super healthy but I did find a treatment called BTX (botox) was the best of everything I tried. I got in done in 2 salons but I found it worked better in the big name chain salon dunno why maybe my hair wasn't as damaged at that point or it was put on different. It costs about 20 quid takes about 20 minutes it'd be worth a try? Combine with a straighteners/heated curlers and it looks great. Results are meant to last 6-8 wks so you have time to do a trial. Hope u find something that works ðŸ˜႒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

This stuff is unbelievably good-
    https://www.birchbox.co.uk/shop/number-4-lumiere-d-hiver-reconstructing-masque
    I had dry horrible hair and started using this and now it's so soft and shiny. I also use the Kardashian shampoo and conditioner which is really good too. You can get small trial sizes on cloud 10 beauty if you fancy trying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Thanks for the tips! Will try both, every little helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭zoeybelle

All the kardasian range is on offer on Cloud 10 at the moment

zoeybelle wrote:
    All the kardasian range is on offer on Cloud 10 at the moment

Are they any use? Have to say i would expect the kardashian range to be just like the kardashian family. All style zero substance :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

rawn wrote: »
    Are they any use? Have to say i would expect the kardashian range to be just like the kardashian family. All style zero substance :P

It was me that recommended them in my post. They are very good, they leave hair soft and shiny and are paraben and sulphate free.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

rawn wrote: »
    Hi all. I have mid-length hair, wavy with a lot of damage/frizz. I dye it maybe 3 times a year? Rarely if ever blowdry or use straighteners or curlers. I also rarely get it cut which is why my hair is in such bad shape. The ends are dry and strawlike, and frizzy throughout. I've tried a lot of products to try to smooth it out, or to soften the ends without much difference. At this stage I know the best thing to do is to just cut the damage away but the thing is I'm getting married in 4 months (was supposed to be in a year or two but plans have changed!), so I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to prepare my hair in time for my wedding. It's a casual wedding and my hair will most likely be down. I don't mind cutting my hair off after the wedding, would just like it to look smooth and sleek for just one day! Money is of course an issue but if something works, I'll do it! Any advice please? :o
    Nothing will fix damage apart from a cut. For your wedding I suggest you speak to your hairdresser who might suggest extensions for the day. As you rarely do any heat styling once your hair has been trimmed a quick way of cutting down on the frizz and strawlike texture would be to use what I do, Pro Naturals Moroccan argan oil applied after shampoo & conditioner mainly to the ends and up the hair shaft, then gently combed through and left to air dry.

Have a lovely wedding day I am sure you will look fantastic.

It was me that recommended them in my post. They are very good, they leave hair soft and shiny and are paraben and sulphate free.

Sorry when i read your post i thought you were describing the one that you linked on birchbox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Coconut oil. Cheap as chips.
    Melt a little in the microwave. Apply to the hair. Wrap with cling blast with the hairdryer for a few seconds then wrap a towel around it to keep in the heat.

Leave it in for as long as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moroccan oil, argan oil or anything of the sort, applied while hair is wet.

Also, get into your hairdresser and see what they can do. You have four months to go, so cut now so that it can grow back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

LinF is correct. Find a hairdresser who is trained in hair extensions.
    You'll need to get the really damaged pieces cut first but depending on what's left, a good extensionist should be able fit and blend them well.

However, it won't be a cheap process (if it's done properly!)

Advertisement