Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

~*~*~*JC German - both levels Fri. 17th Jun*~*~*~

• 15-06-2016 9:03pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭

For discussion of the exams after they finish.
    Usual rules. No slagging, etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

twas alright, im not great at german but i got all of it attempted.
    last exam so im happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BannerBoy1

How did people find the listening? I found the written paper to be very fair but i struggled with the listening. I've never been good at listening, for the pre i got 79% in the written section and only 49% in the listening, so i was just wondering did everybody find it difficult or was it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Iv never been great at any part of german but i think the HL listening to go quite well for me, i couldent get the place names in the first comprehension

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

BannerBoy1 wrote: »
    How did people find the listening? I found the written paper to be very fair but i struggled with the listening. I've never been good at listening, for the pre i got 79% in the written section and only 49% in the listening, so i was just wondering did everybody find it difficult or was it just me?

The listening I got in the mock was terrible for me. I got 75% out of the listening which isn't my norm. I much preferred the listening in the JC exam. I got the place mentioned in the comprehension but I didn't know the translation to English as I don't think it comes up quite a lot and it wasn't a large town, so I just left it in German. Hopefully I'll still get the marks :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

jeonahr wrote: »
    The listening I got in the mock was terrible for me. I got 75% out of the listening which isn't my norm. I much preferred the listening in the JC exam. I got the place mentioned in the comprehension but I didn't know the translation to English as I don't think it comes up quite a lot and it wasn't a large town, so I just left it in German. Hopefully I'll still get the marks :)
    What placename was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

75% is a very good mark. I do French but at both Irish and French, I'm atrocious at listening. I got only 44/140 on my mock French and 16/40 in Irish, so be thankful with that mark :mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,499 ✭✭✭✭Caoimhgh1n

sryanbruen wrote: »
    75% is a very good mark. I do French but at both Irish and French, I'm atrocious at listening. I got only 44/140 on my mock French and 16/40 in Irish, so be thankful with that mark :mad:.

While it is a very good mark, different people have different aims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

spurious wrote: »
    What placename was it?

I think it was something like Baden-Baden? I wasn't sure if it had a translation or not, so I decided to just go with what I heard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think it was something like Baden-Baden? I wasn't sure if it had a translation or not, so I decided to just go with what I heard.

I don't know, what would it be? Bathe Bathe?

Bathe!!!!

Advertisement