Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

~*~*~*JC Religious Education - both levels Thu. 16th Jun*~*~*~

Options
  • 15-06-2016 9:04pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭

For discussion of the exams after they finish.
    Usual rules. No slagging, etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 St.Banter

I hate that our school forces us to do this exam when none of the others in the area have to do it :( nobody in my exam centre left during the CSPE exam but after an hour of this exam about half the people left

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

St.Banter wrote: »
    I hate that our school forces us to do this exam when none of the others in the area have to do it :( nobody in my exam centre left during the CSPE exam but after an hour of this exam about half the people left

I'd hate to do a Religion exam :pac::pac:. I don't do Religion and even if I did, my school does not have it as an examination subject.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I'd hate to do a Religion exam :pac::pac:. I don't do Religion and even if I did, my school does not have it as an examination subject.

Lucky ;-; apparently there was someone in my school whose family wasn't religious, they didn't want them to do JC religion but the school wouldn't let them not do it... they aren't in our school anymore :/

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

Same. We have to do it as an exam subject in our school and the paper is pretty hard. Not even as easy as CSPE, at least for me. No one in our class got above a C in the mock, while all the other classes got As. Absolutely mind boggled. :(

jeonahr wrote: »
    Same. We have to do it as an exam subject in our school and the paper is pretty hard. Not even as easy as CSPE, at least for me. No one in our class got above a C in the mock, while all the other classes got As. Absolutely mind boggled. :(

I especially dislike it because my primary school had a great approach to religious education, and the JC course is honestly pretty poor compared to what we did back then :P

• Advertisement

I especially dislike it because my primary school had a great approach to religious education, and the JC course is honestly pretty poor compared to what we did back then :P

Religion is horrible FULL STOP....

Ah idk, as much as I disagree with a lot in the curriculum, my primary school taught us so much about world religions, Christianity was honestly the least discussed one... It definitely encouraged an air of respect that I haven't seen anywhere since, and instilling a basic respect for others is what religion is meant to be all about right? So that's the right way to go about it, not telling people to learn of 3 years worth of material for an exam that won't get us anywhere.

As my friend answered today in the exam, "The religion course just makes secular people hate religion more" and I've to agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,499 ✭✭✭✭Caoimhgh1n

You feel that way. No need for the "FULL STOP". I would love to do religion or classical studies, personally.

Caoimhgh1n wrote: »
    You feel that way. No need for the "FULL STOP". I would love to do religion or classical studies, personally.

I'd kill for the chance to take Classical Studies, would've been well more interesting than some of the other stuff we do :P

Caoimhgh1n wrote: »

Not me. I am glad that I don't have to do Religion anymore. Always found it exceptionally boring, even more than Science.

• Advertisement
Advertisement