Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

~*~*~*JC Science - both levels Thu. 16th Jun*~*~*~

Options
  • 15-06-2016 9:06pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭

For discussion of the exams after they finish.
    Usual rules. No slagging, etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

For the most part it went grand, no big question i couldn't attempt

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Science is always hard for me and this was just that, though like sirboby, there wasn't a big question that I couldn't answer.

Biology - Grand
    Chemistry - So annoyingly hard
    Physics - Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Biology like always is my poorest .chemistry was perfect . physics was OK BT the centre of gravity question caught me out

Biology like always is my poorest .chemistry was perfect . physics was OK BT the centre of gravity question caught me out

Yeah that centre of gravity question.... UHHHHH. That wrecked my head.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

sryanbruen wrote: »

A pad wrote ' cut it into a regular shape' lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Would I get away with saying the car had a wider base,or was this about the cardboard?

Would I get away with saying the car had a wider base,or was this about the cardboard?

It was specifically about the cardboard - which did not look like cardboard :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

Oh yeah that,I remember, :p.I only learned that experiment last night,when I was looking through the book.Nearly started roaring when that came up,same thing with the Benedict's experiment

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

A really nice paper. A bit upset that there were absolutely no chemical equations as I had crammed them in last minute. I feel really stupid because our teacher told us that they only gave us the periodic table and the elements' names weren't on the formulae book, even though they are (learned this after the exam). So I ended up doing god know's what for that question where we had to name the elements.
    Other than that loved the paper. Usually I'm destroyed in physics but there wasn't a lot of hard questions on it this year. Biology is always my best so it was grand this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 St.Banter

Haha our teacher told us that distillation wouldn't come up as an experiment that we'd have to draw so I had to wing the distillation apparatus diagram... Otherwise it was definitely a manageable paper, the pressure is really off now as far as exams are concerned for me :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement