Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PowerPoint found unreadable content in Presentation.pptx

Options
  • 15-06-2016 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

When i try to open a presentation in PowerPoint 2007, I receive the following error message:
    PowerPoint found unreadable content in Presentation.pptx. Do you want to recover the contects of this presentation? If you trust the source of this presentation, click Yes.
    What s wrong?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

When i try to open a presentation in PowerPoint 2007, I receive the following error message:
    PowerPoint found unreadable content in Presentation.pptx. Do you want to recover the contects of this presentation? If you trust the source of this presentation, click Yes.
    What s wrong?

It's a later version of PowerPoint that 2007 is incompatible with?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

You can download the Powerpoint Viewer which is free, to read and verify that the file is okay.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/download/details.aspx?id=13

But you may need to upgrade your version of Powerpoint to edit the file. Or get the other person who saved as PPTX to downgrade the file to your version of Powerpoint before saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ludite

Sounds like the file was created with a newer version of powerpoint, although 2007 should be able to open pptx files.

Ask whoever created it to save it as a 2007 version to check?

Advertisement