Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really stuck for a lift

Options
  • 15-06-2016 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Lads I was sent over by sone lads on Reddit. Long story short I have a show in togher Sunday and need to be back in Waterford Sunday night to drop the child at school. Is there any way at all somebody would be going that way around half 9 Sunday. Really stuck lads any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I was going to suggest Getthere but...:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

I'll be passing there shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

kballs, I had to read your post a few times to figure out what you are looking for, so to save others rereading it, I'm going to put it here.

You are looking for a lift

-9:30pm Sunday
    -Togher to Waterford city

Last bus from Cork bus station goes at 20:40 on Sunday evening.

Sorry i can't help you myself, hope you find someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

pwurple wrote: »
    kballs, I had to read your post a few times to figure out what you are looking for, so to save others rereading it, I'm going to put it here.

You are looking for a lift

-9:30pm Sunday
    -Togher to Waterford city

Last bus from Cork bus station goes at 20:40 on Sunday evening.

Sorry i can't help you myself, hope you find someone.

Really-I think most of us figured it out from the op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

ROY RACE wrote: »
    Really-I think most of us figured it out from the op.

Well aren't you just a genius. I'll send over the medal. I was pulling out the relevant info from in between the clutter about the child's school, some show and reddit so he might have a better chance.

Whatevs. Still no lift.

Probably as most people heading to waterford on a sunday evening will be reading the waterford forum. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Is it really a thing to ask random people on the internet for lifts? Might as well just go out there a thumb a ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I'll give you a lift as I am passing by at that time. I'm not absolutely sure if I can get you there on exact time but I need to stop off at a slaughter house on the way if it is not an inconvenience. Pm me if you are interested.

Don't tumb lifts, not safe. Just get the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

I'll give you a lift as I am passing by at that time. I'm not absolutely sure if I can get you there on exact time but I need to stop off at a slaughter house on the way if it is not an inconvenience. Pm me if you are interested.

Don't tumb lifts, not safe. Just get the bus.

What will you be doing with him in the slaughter house?

.red. wrote: »
    What will you be doing with him in the slaughter house?

Just a stop-off that's all. The aliens want me to supply them with some fresh DNA. It will only be a prick OP and we can get you to your destination, not to worry.

Just like forest gump said... Life is like a box of chocolates, you might thumb a lift from a person that is the nice sweet chocolate kind, but you can also get a lift from a coffee nut, and in that case you are dead or worse. Take the bus, don't thumb lifts, I'm serious.

Just a stop-off that's all. The aliens want me to supply them with some fresh DNA. It will only be a prick OP and we can get you to your destination, not to worry.

Just like forest gump said... Life is like a box of chocolates, you might thumb a lift from a person that is the nice sweet chocolate kind, but you can also get a lift from a coffee nut, and in that case you are dead or worse. Take the bus, don't thumb lifts, I'm serious.

In fairness I hitchhiked all over the place as a teen and no harm befell me. There was one worrying case though where I was picked up by a guy who said he was a gay Buddhist monk. He had a plastic bag full of sweets (not kidding!) which he kept trying to get me to eat. His boyfriend was a recluse and lived up the top of some mountain apparently.

Needless to say as a 14 year old I felt quite uncomfortable with this fellow and asked him to stop and let me out. LOL

• Advertisement

In fairness I hitchhiked all over the place as a teen and no harm befell me. There was one worrying case though where I was picked up by a guy who said he was a gay Buddhist monk. He had a plastic bag full of sweets (not kidding!) which he kept trying to get me to eat. His boyfriend was a recluse and lived up the top of some mountain apparently.

Needless to say as a 14 year old I felt quite uncomfortable with this fellow and asked him to stop and let me out. LOL

Interesting indeed. A gay Buddhist monk. Very unusual I have to say. Glad you made it home in one piece Stef. You were one of the lucky ones for sure.

It's a good job it wasn't me that picked you up on the side of the road hitch-hiking, because I would be singing Har Hare Hari Wahe Guru. You would just jump out of my moving vehicle non-haste in panic of the fear of the unknown.

Interesting indeed. A gay Buddhist monk. Very unusual I have to say. Glad you made it home in one piece Stef. You were one of the lucky ones for sure.

It's a good job it wasn't me that picked you up on the side of the road hitch-hiking, because I would be singing Har Hare Hari Wahe Guru. You would just jump out of my moving vehicle non-haste in panic of the fear of the unknown.

Boards was slow this morning so I invaded Cork. Up Limerick!

Boards was slow this morning so I invaded Cork. Up Limerick!

Boooo

I'll be passing there in an hour op.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

I'll be passing there in an hour op.

still not funny

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Watch out for any Gary Ridgeways or Eileen Wournos about. Think Larry M is in Cork. Be careful, ladooooo.

still not funny

Not posting for your amusement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OK, I doubt the OP is still looking for a lift now....so I'm closing this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement