Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunshaughlin broadband

Options
  • 16-06-2016 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there,
    We're moving to dunshaughlin from Dublin in a few weeks and want to make sure the broadband is set up as quickly as possible and just wondered if anyone has done this recently? Sky told us that the connection in the new house must remain in place or it could take 8 weeks to get set up when we move.

Has anyone been in a similar situation recently and can anyone recommend their broadband provider-I don't want to get signed up to a contract and then realise the service is poor.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hoanymole

Roger50 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    We're moving to dunshaughlin from Dublin in a few weeks and want to make sure the broadband is set up as quickly as possible and just wondered if anyone has done this recently? Sky told us that the connection in the new house must remain in place or it could take 8 weeks to get set up when we move.

Has anyone been in a similar situation recently and can anyone recommend their broadband provider-I don't want to get signed up to a contract and then realise the service is poor.

Thanks

We went with Pure Telecom as Sky and Virgin could not deliver in the area. Straight forward set up and very reliable. Great speeds. I remember there was a small wait to get set up but I think that was because it was around Christmas time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Roger50

That's great thank you. Would that have been a while ago as from what I read sky and a few other providers seem to be available now

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hoanymole

Roger50 wrote: »
    That's great thank you. Would that have been a while ago as from what I read sky and a few other providers seem to be available now

Thanks again

This was December. Might depend on the estate. We could get Sky TV but not broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

i have Vodafone and I cant fault them.

Advertisement