Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech Mouse not working on Windows 10

Options
  • 16-06-2016 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭

I have this bluetooth mouse and its wireless keyboard companion.

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/mx1000-laser-cordless-mouse

Every time I have to run an update on Windows, both the mouse and the keyboard lose connectivity.

Previously, switching on and off the mouse (or unplugging/plugging the wireless hub) made it work again.

After last night's updates, it won't work.

In Device Manager, I have uninstalled and reinstalled both keyboard and mouse. No joy.

I downloaded and installed the most up to date driver from the Logitech site. It's called 5.90.41. I ran the installer.

But, in Device Manager, it says I've got 5.90.39.

If I could ensure that .41 was installed, that might make the difference. How can I do this?

Otherwise, anything else I should be trying?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Sorted!

It appears that bluetooth/wireless disconnetion after a Windows 10 update is a regular occurrence.

That's precisely when it's been happening to me - after EVERY update,in fact. But, this was the worst ever.

As you can see from this thread, it's a common problem.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Keyboards-and-Keyboard-Mice/Windows-10-and-Broadcom-Bluetooth-3-0/td-p/1428197/page/2

Usually, unplugging and plugging in the wireless receiver into the USB port sorted the issue. Not this time.

Here's what I did;

1. I downloaded and installed the latest software.

2. In Control Panel/Devices and Printers, I right-clicked and Removed the Logitech BT mini wireless receiver.

3. I then unplugged the receiver and plugged it in again.

It was detected instantly, and the Logitech Setpoint software opened automatically.

It was then only a question of reconnecting the mouse and keyboard.

Phew!

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Dinarius wrote: »
    Sorted!

It appears that bluetooth/wireless disconnetion after a Windows 10 update is a regular occurrence.

That's precisely when it's been happening to me - after EVERY update,in fact. But, this was the worst ever.

As you can see from this thread, it's a common problem.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Keyboards-and-Keyboard-Mice/Windows-10-and-Broadcom-Bluetooth-3-0/td-p/1428197/page/2

Usually, unplugging and plugging in the wireless receiver into the USB port sorted the issue. Not this time.

Here's what I did;

1. I downloaded and installed the latest software.

2. In Control Panel/Devices and Printers, I right-clicked and Removed the Logitech BT mini wireless receiver.

3. I then unplugged the receiver and plugged it in again.

It was detected instantly, and the Logitech Setpoint software opened automatically.

It was then only a question of reconnecting the mouse and keyboard.

Phew!

D.

Can you confirm that hot keys on your keyboard are working and you can change settings in SetPoint, like make some key to go to boards.ie Web site.
    Thanks.

Hi Smuggler,

My use of the keyboard is bog-standard, principally because this computer is used solely for image editing - Photoshop etc.

So, if you give me a bit more detail (I'm not very techie!) I'll let you know what's working and what isn't.

If you mean the keys along the top of the keyboard, then they don't do anything. But, I've never set them to do anything......

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Dinarius wrote: »
    Hi Smuggler,

My use of the keyboard is bog-standard, principally because this computer is used solely for image editing - Photoshop etc.

So, if you give me a bit more detail (I'm not very techie!) I'll let you know what's working and what isn't.

If you mean the keys along the top of the keyboard, then they don't do anything. But, I've never set them to do anything......

D.

At work now, so different keyboard.
    As much can remember go to setpoint-keyboard-hot keys(or similar) select key you want to change settings. You should get list available options. Last one would say Go to URL enter www.boards.ie Apply or OK . Try if key you just set will open browser ( or new tab if it is open already)
    I had this problem when win8 showed up - Setpoint even had no option to choose to enter url

Update: see snip
    Very handy feature, you can point different keys to different folders, etc. It is straightforward, but if need advice, let me know.
    It is old model, but it does what it suppose to do if someone not F*up drivers compatibility.

Thanks.

D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement