Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Food Fest - Tonight At The Milk Market

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

MillField wrote: »
    I was here for lunch today around 12:30-12:15. Is it usually quiet? Was like a ghost town.

Gone in before yes its dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Big pink and Tony Clifton love an aul bitch and moan about every good story about food in Limerick, kind of getting tiresome, is there an ignore button?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Big pink and Tony Clifton love an aul bitch and moan about every good story about food in Limerick, kind of getting tiresome, is there an ignore button?

Why are people afraid of honest feedback?All the fawning and credit.I love food and want this to suceed but it was a farce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I'd say some people aren't happy unless its called chicken hut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

moleyv wrote: »
    I'd say some people aren't happy unless its called chicken hut.

Chicken Hut is a kip, an embarassment to the city. The sooner a fat tax comes in the better, and we might see the beginning of the end of the likes of Chicken Hut, Supermacs, Abrakebabra, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

bigpink wrote: »
    Why are people afraid of honest feedback?All the fawning and credit.I love food and want this to suceed but it was a farce

No problem with honest feedback but the majority of your posts seem to have a negative vibe to them.

It clearly was a success by the way the comments about it were directed and the majority of posters here said so even if the organisers didnt take into account the huge numbers that decided to turn up.

No problem with honest feedback but the majority of your posts seem to have a negative vibe to them.

It clearly was a success by the way the comments about it were directed and the majority of posters here said so even if the organisers didnt take into account the huge numbers that decided to turn up.

The comments are all fake praise and i say people connected to the organisers.Saw lots of people leave and asking for refunds

Id love to know were people paid to run or organise this event?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

The event was run by the market with a small team of volunteers the numbers they were expecting were much smaller than turned up and thus got hammered.

It's their first time trying this and I think it wasn't too bad.

Loved the curry from Bobby's the huge bag of fudge I got and the cheese steak to name a few.

They even ran out of vouchers but come on folks it's a new venture and needs a bit of patience the incessant need on here for everything to be perfect first time drives me mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

bigpink wrote: »

Enjoying an event and stating such is hardly fawning. Most people on this thread have pointed out the flaws in the organisation of the event - if you've an issue with all the positive comments on facebook, then you should dispute them on facebook. This is boards, not everyone will have visibility of what you're referring to. Otherwise, there's a facebook thread in the ranting and raving forum - you'd only love it.

And obviously credit is due - would you not agree that an unprecedented turnout deserves some kind of positive recognition?

• Advertisement

Im not saying they expected to be hammered but surly they were set up for say 1000people like gig there?

Great idea great crowd. Having people queue on road
    No stewards or system
    The Market isnt new and i think.one of the organisers is a pr and event profession in Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

I hope the next one it works out and grows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭TonyCliftonEsq

Give me one ****ing example please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I think the truth of all this lies somewhere in the middle.

The food smelled nice and what people were eating did look good. Limerick is also crying out for events like this. However, it's difficult how people could say the execution of the great idea was anything other than pretty poor.

They should have opened the Milk Market at both ends with ticket sellers at each end. That would have helped flow.

They also should have spread the stands out much more, there were very tightly packed, creating confusion as to which queue was for what.

I'm not sure who organised it, I guess it was volunteers, so they tried their best. I'm surprised that the stall vendors didn't have more control over the organisation of it, a lot of the established businesses could surely have offered pointers in layout etc.

I do wish them all the best for the future, some more thought next time could create a fantastic event. Next time though I will have a wander in before i commit to tickets just in case, was lucky I got a refund the last night.

Advertisement