Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASPRC Competitions Crap

Options
  • 16-06-2016 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

Is it just me or do the NASRPC don't want anyone who is not from Munster turning up at their shooting competitions.

Too bad they are national events.

Now you can only register for a maximum of 5 events, so guys if you have far to travel I wouldn't bother., the excuses I received back from the competitions@nasrpc.ie email address from whomever, no one knows is a complete load of rubbish.

and I quote
    "It is not possible to reserve more than 5 details as at a National Event".
    "It is also not possible to reserve further details on the day of the match".

So here it is very simple why have pre registration at all now, for anything other than the international.

Travel hundreds of miles after pre registering and be told sorry no slots available.

Some of the BS in the Munster competition in May seems to have carried over from Limerick to Cork already.

Maybe there is another reason why Fermoy hasn't held an NASRPC National competition since the international in 2011, or was it 2010.

But we all know the reasons for that.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Moved from target shooting to shooting forum.

A reminder that there is no discussion of politics in the target forum.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Im from munster and i also missed the boat.. so grab a hold of yourself..
    all Nasrpc shoots are up in numbers as far as i can tell, if you don't get to book your chosen details book what you can and you might still also get to shoot other details as i know that 25% of the line is unbooked.... There is no need to just blow up on the NASRPC just because target shooting facilities are smaller outside of Leinster...

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

Im from munster and i also missed the boat.. so grab a hold of yourself..
    all Nasrpc shoots are up in numbers as far as i can tell, if you don't get to book your chosen details book what you can and you might still also get to shoot other details as i know that 25% of the line is unbooked.... There is no need to just blow up on the NASRPC just because target shooting facilities are smaller outside of Leinster...

Its got nothing to do with size of ranges Tack my comments mentioned nothing of this

The shoots are only up in numbers if every member of the committee shoots ;-) " Or is it the 100 Munster Target shooting members", who went to the AGM but wont turn up to compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

You are like a stuck record JB88. Megawhinge personified. The way things are going, you will get your wish, you can go to the GRPAI shoots without booking and without having to wait to shoot. You can decide between yourself and the other 2 GRPAI members present , who will get the 1/2/3 places.

badaj0z wrote: »
    You are like a stuck record JB88. Megawhinge personified. The way things are going, you will get your wish, you can go to the GRPAI shoots without booking and without having to wait to shoot. You can decide between yourself and the other 2 GRPAI members present , who will get the 1/2/3 places.

Obviously u failed to look at the results of the last NASRPC shoot in Munster. :-) The one where I won overall the GRCF 1500
    My name is Adam Smyth for anyone who doesnt know.
    Yes myself and the 80 + competitors in the last GRPAI shoot should do that.
    Not having to travel to compete in the 5 competitions. Rule changes every competition bad RO's yes we could all do without that.

Havent seen u at any NASRPC competitions this year. Must be busy keeping the keyboard warm as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭targetx

badaj0z wrote: »

Just for clarity, the first GRPAI shoot at Harbour House in May was attended by 84 competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The GRPAI have the support of a lot more than three people. I was one of the people at the last GRPAI shoot in Harbour House and it was very well attended, and well run too. I see that there are three more GRPAI shoots scheduled for later this year so I'll probably shoot in those.

I'm not knocking the NASRPC either, I'll shoot in their competitions too.

I do agree though that only being able to register for only 5 disciplines is very limiting, especially if you shoot pistol, smallbore rifle and centrefire rifle. To be fair though, I registered online for five disciplines in the last Munster shoot and when I checked in on the morning of the shoot I asked to shoot two extra disciplines and Jeff organised that for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

jb88 wrote: »
    Its got nothing to do with size of ranges Tack my comments mentioned nothing of this

The shoots are only up in numbers if every member of the committee shoots ;-) " Or is it the 100 Munster Target shooting members", who went to the AGM but wont turn up to compete.

Its eveything to do with the ranges Adam, if theres more targets theres more room for competitors therefore more room for online bookings, I do wish every range in the country was like Habour House but they aint... I also aint going to start blaming the NASRPC for it either..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Mod note: Rule Number One in the forum charter folks, please. If you don't know it, go read it before posting here again. Thank you...

Its eveything to do with the ranges Adam, if theres more targets theres more room for competitors therefore more room for online bookings, I do wish every range in the country was like Habour House but they aint... I also aint going to start blaming the NASRPC for it either..

I do agree, in this case the range space simply isn't available, it was years ago but from what I have heard storms have caused problems.

But if clubs are going to hold these competitions they should have facilities available or switch them to ranges which do have the facilities available. This has happened with a number of clubs without range facilities have had national competitions at Harbour House without any issue.

Fermoy can also nominate a range such as Munster as its only a few miles away for its competitions in order to facilitate an increase of non member competitors. Surely this has been addressed.
    Perhaps the NASRPC can fund the upkeep of one of the ranges at Fermoy after this competition?
    A worthwhile endeavor I would think .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

[Mod note]Folks, in case I wasn't clear enough, metaphorical genital-measuring competitions come under the heading of "Not being civil". Drop it, if you please. Posts deleted. Further nonsense will earn people time off to cool down.

Advertisement