Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collaborate on Excel in real-time? Any alternatives if not possible?

Options
  • 16-06-2016 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hope you are doing well!

In my workplace we have to use an Excel sheet to keep track of progress on various jobs we are all doing. We call it the "status sheet". However, I can't enter anything on it if someone else in the office has it open. This inevitably leads to confusion and whatnot and things can get missed. It seems like a very old problem and no manage nor supervisor has tackled it.

Is there anything I can use which will do the same job as Excel but will allow real-time collaboration? Google Docs is the obvious answer but I know they won't allow it. The Excel sheet we use is currently kept on a shared folder on a server if that is any use.

Anything out there at all?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

Advertisement