Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New baby scratched :(

• 16-06-2016 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

So I bought a 2014 a5 3.0 Quattro 2 weeks ago. Bodywork, paint immaculate. I get up this morning...and...well you can see the pics. Any one any idea based on pics am I looking at serious $$$$$

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

What pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

No pics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Sorry upload failed!! Trying again now!

Nasty.

Where do you park your car? Looks like the other car was a dark color, maybe check your area for a dark color car with similar damage.

Checked first thing no sign. Car is parked on narrow street outside house leading to dead end. Well within the lines of the side of road parking places...just some scummer doing laps or something. I only have it 2 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

Some compound might buff that out.

Check this evening for cars again, the person might be out at work.

Obviously it's assuming that it was a car and somebody living near you... which it might not have been.

I will say it looks isolated to one panel? If that's the case you might be able to get the work done for sub €500.

It's horrible though, I had it happen to a car of mine years ago :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

On a narrow street could it have been a lorry tyre rubbing against the wheel arch? Refuse colllection or delivery lorry?

I was out at car at 10 last night and again at 4.30 this morning....so unlikely but no way to know...depressing start to a 350mile drive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

To me it looks like something bigger then a Saloon bumper did that.

Its not going to buff out and there is a big dent on the arch also.

• Advertisement

Maybe a late delivery truck then..but I'm in London so it could be sainsburys or ocado or tesco any of them...ba$tards...maybe I didn't notice at ten pm but I was driving it at 9 so deffo that time at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is no way that would just buff out with compound. Your most likely looking at a repaint of the entire wing/panel there.

Well one things for sure I'm not going to be able to find out who did it. So it's a panel respray needed. It will be great fun matching the color unless I go back to audi. And this is why we can't have nice things :( I'm in Dublin at the moment so guess I will go get a quote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A good body shop should be able to match it. Some main dealers can farm out bodywork repairs to local businesses as it's cheaper for them than buying the proper equipment and skilled staff.

Well one things for sure I'm not going to be able to find out who did it. So it's a panel respray needed. It will be great fun matching the color unless I go back to audi. And this is why we can't have nice things :( I'm in Dublin at the moment so guess I will go get a quote

It's an original Audi colour? It'll be no problem to mach so, the colour code will be on the car.

No sure where you're based but these guys have never let me down - Rockbrook Crash Repairs

Yes it's an original color just not a standard one I believe. May give those guys a call, im Based in london But back in Dublin this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Has the wheel been hit too, kind of looks like it but could just be brake dust? If it has take it out on a motorway run to see that tracking hasn't been impacted too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

For what it's worth, I had a very very similar repair quoted at around the 400 Euro marker in Cork (Alfa 159); Alfa Romeo's original paint (583/A precisely, which probably garages around here have less experience with compared to Audi) and they matched it perfectly - you can't tell there was any damage ever done.

So summing it up, a good crash repair shop will be able to settle you - I would say for less than 500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That sucks, did you contact local places to get quotes yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

SarahS2013 wrote: »
    Needless to say Dominos paid for it so I went straight to Audi where is cost them almost €4k!

This is like a red rag to a bull to people on this forum - expect a load of abuse and "you should have fixed it yourself with a masonry brush and some hammerite rather than driving up insurance costs for everyone" type comments!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Cyrusmekon

Check out these guys.

http://smartcpr.ie/

Had some work done recently. Spot on and they come to you. Very competitive quotes.

biko wrote: »
    That sucks, did you contact local places to get quotes yet?

Not yet just off boat so it will be tomorrow.

Here's a before pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I used to be a panel beater, it shouldnt be a problem to get a proper paint match - just make sure to use a high-quality panel beater/body shop - and insist on an exact colour match...so they know 'you mean business'.

The black marks do look like they are from a tyre or black bumper. Where the scratches are white it means the damage is gone through to the undercoat - so a repaint appears to be on the cards.

I'd say, considering the height of the wing from the ground, that a jeep or truck was the culprit. Very annoying indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Slightly less sympathy if you're one of the 99% of Audi drivers but still... mudda f...

Slightly less sympathy if you're one of the 99% of Audi drivers but still... mudda f...

Thanks for that Mark, your money or car is better than mine and more hard worked for...I get it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Thanks for that Mark, your money or car is better than mine and more hard worked for...I get it...

Nope I just have I thing about Audi drivers and the stereotypical 6" off the back bumper joke. However I did indicate that if that was not you the person who did that was a mudda... anyway.

Worth investing in a dash cam (one that remains on while parked) for that puppy. I'd be wrapping it in cotton wool without one.

Advertisement