Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DELL XPS 8900 not installing Graphic Cards

Options
  • 16-06-2016 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Please be aware that Dell currently have an issue at the manufacturing process of they XPS 8900 Desktops it is a know issue but they are not making customers aware.

I ordered my XPS 8900 last week with the Nvidia 980 Graphics card - when the machine arrived there was no card but instead it had a HDMI port with Intel graphics directly on the board.

Confirming this i rang Dell - they sent a new one and it also did not have the Nvidia GPU.

I was advised that it was a know issue at the manufacturing process and they would send me another replacement - i advised them i didn't want another (3rd) replacement and asked them to arrange collection of the original order an for the replacement with a full refund.

I was raging because if someone who had no technical knowledge ordered on of these machines they would have been none the wiser and missing a €400 component!

Watch out... :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

rochestown wrote: »
    I was raging because if someone who had no technical knowledge ordered on of these machines they would have been none the wiser and missing a €400 component!

The only saving grace is that anyone ordering a machine with a GTX 980 will probably be ordering it for a very specific reason (gaming/design etc.) and thus should cop the omission fairly quickly. Errors happen but it's bad form for them to acknowledge the issue and still not check if the product bypassed the dodgy process the second time though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd have to agree with roast, if you are ordering that graphics card you'd have some level of a clue otherwise you'd never spent the extra money, the avg joe would just go with the on board graphics card instead

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭rochestown

Cabaal wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with roast, if you are ordering that graphics card you'd have some level of a clue otherwise you'd never spent the extra money, the avg joe would just go with the on board graphics card instead

Think your missing my point - i ordered a computer from Dell and all the components were note within... just putting it out there to make sure if you place an order with Dell that you thoroughly check your machine to make sure you get what you ordered... even the second time too!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

rochestown wrote: »
    Think your missing my point - i ordered a computer from Dell and all the components were note within... just putting it out there to make sure if you place an order with Dell that you thoroughly check your machine to make sure you get what you ordered... even the second time too!

Not missing your point at all, its crap service from Dell.

However this forum is for a consumer issue to get help, all you want to do is post a warning so there's nothing anyone else can respond with in this thread really.

Advertisement