Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start menu vista problem

Options
  • 16-06-2016 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

The start menu on my vista 32 bit windows has moved. It opens but is an inch from left hand side of the screen. Anyone know how to get it back. I tried rebooting

Also i cannot make the taskbar slim so there is only one line of icons along it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Right click on taskbar and click Lock The Taskbar (if it's ticked). You should now be able to move and resize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

FanadMan wrote: »
    Right click on taskbar and click Lock The Taskbar (if it's ticked). You should now be able to move and resize.
    no it will get bigger but not to a single line

• Registered Users Posts: 82,681 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

In a blank space on the taskbar somewhere between whatever program is open and the clock on the right side, press your left mouse button on this and drag the mouse down to the bottom middle of your monitor, this will reposition it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

I always hated VISTA !! CRAP OS

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭human 19

are you aware that vista is no longer supported by security update for a long time now, and you are asking for trouble by still using it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

human 19 wrote: »
    are you aware that vista is no longer supported by security update for a long time now, and you are asking for trouble by still using it?
    BS - extended support till 11 April 2017

Advertisement