Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On hold for card services

Options
  • 16-06-2016 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am currently on hold on the phone for 37 minutes. Is this level of customer service what I should be expecting? So frustrated.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dwayneirwin

I am currently on hold on the phone for 37 minutes. Is this level of customer service what I should be expecting? So frustrated.....
    47 minutes.... I am giving up. All I am trying to do is close my account, I am fully paid up. Glad I have started the switching process to another bank. Been a customer for 20 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi dwayneirwin,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

We're very sorry to hear of the hold time you experienced. We're aware that our Card Team are experiencing a high volume of calls at the moment. 

If you would like us to arrange a call back from our Card Team, please send us private message with your full name and contact number and we will be happy to forward on your details. 

To send us on a private message, please click on the link in my signature below. 

You can also close your credit card account by sending a signed written letter to your local BOI branch. Please include your name, contact number and account number in this request. 

To complete this request you will need to ensure that your credit card balance is cleared in full and cancel any third party direct debits/subscriptions you may have directly with the retailer. If your billing address in within the Republic of Ireland, you must also have €30 (£21 if sterling card) credit balance to discharge Government Stamp Duty charges.

Your branch address can be found here

Thanks,

Sharon

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Hi dwayneirwin,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

We're very sorry to hear of the hold time you experienced. We're aware that our Card Team are experiencing a high volume of calls at the moment. 

If you would like us to arrange a call back from our Card Team, please send us private message with your full name and contact number and we will be happy to forward on your details. 

To send us on a private message, please click on the link in my signature below. 

You can also close your credit card account by sending a signed written letter to your local BOI branch. Please include your name, contact number and account number in this request. 

To complete this request you will need to ensure that your credit card balance is cleared in full and cancel any third party direct debits/subscriptions you may have directly with the retailer. If your billing address in within the Republic of Ireland, you must also have €30 (£21 if sterling card) credit balance to discharge Government Stamp Duty charges.

Your branch address can be found here

Thanks,

Sharon
    I too am experiencing long delays in contacting Card Services over the last several days, in order to cancel a credit card, but this ^^ information regarding a letter to the local branch is useful, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭glen25

I too have had problems getting through to card services in recent times.  The longest I waited was 1 hour and 40 minutes.  Before that it was on average 20 - 30 minutes each time.  Awful carry on and very strongly considering moving banks as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

glen25 wrote: »
    I too have had problems getting through to card services in recent times.  The longest I waited was 1 hour and 40 minutes.  Before that it was on average 20 - 30 minutes each time.  Awful carry on and very strongly considering moving banks as a result.
    Good Afternoon glen25, 

We're extremely sorry to hear of the hold time you've experienced. If you have a general query, we would be more than happy to help you here. 

Elaine 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭newdigi

Same here. Last few times I have phoned in the past couple of weeks I was waiting for 20+ minutes each time. I gave up each time. Resorted to messaging them through 365 online but that takes days to get a reply.

Can you let us know why there have been delays recently please? Previously never had to wait for more than a couple of mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

newdigi wrote: »
    Same here. Last few times I have phoned in the past couple of weeks I was waiting for 20+ minutes each time.  I gave up each time. Resorted to messaging them through 365 online but that takes days to get a reply.

Can you let us know why there have been delays recently please? Previously never had to wait for more than a couple of mins
    Good Afternoon newdigi, 

With an increase in call volumes this has directly impacted our customer service hold times. We sincerely apologies for any inconvenience. Please be assured that this department is aware of this and are working to reduce hold times as a priority. 

If you have any general queries, we would be more than happy to assist you here.

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement