Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCA Allowance

Options
  • 16-06-2016 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Applied for my son who has been diagnosed with ADHD. 2 different types and is on medication. applied last May, was refused in december as we thought would happen, appealed and again was refused re appealed and my wife had an interview 2 weeks ago. now wondering how long would it take to hear back. bloke said 2 weeks? if we get it I know it gets back dated but is the payments instant? has anyone else had to go through this and has anyone else had to jump through hoops for them? thanks :eek:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

It is very difficult to get DCA with ADHD to be honest. If you are on FB try joining the DCA Warriors page. They are very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Oh my goodness. My second child has been diagnosed with non verbal autism and im still waiting for a reply - since May of this year - she was diagnosed in January. glynandpam i really hope you get your allowance x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

I’m in the long game of waiting on my appeals process for my son to be granted DA. He turned 16 last September and the DCA automatically gets cut off - we’ve applied for DA & got refused because appearantly according to the dept - Autism isn’t for life!!!! We are of course appealing - it’s so wrong
    Anybody else in the same boat? Or how did it all work out for ye?

Advertisement