Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money taken

Options
  • 16-06-2016 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

There was 60 euro debited from my bank account for no reason.. no heads up about it or anything.. put my bank account into arrears, I needed that money for a different direct debit so ye are after putting me into a hole .....

I rang up and there was no record of it.. turns out it was from my old account( I moved about 2 months ago). The charge was for a modem ????? I used the same modem from my old house..

I was told on the phone the only way I can get my money back is to go into the bank and fill out forms.. I work every day so I can't go to the bank , and why should I anyway it wasn't my mistake..

I expect my money put back into my account asap or I'm quitting from eircom contract or not..

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

rottie 11 wrote: »
    There was 60 euro debited from my bank account for no reason.. no heads up about it or anything.. put my bank account into arrears, I needed that money for a different direct debit so ye are after putting me into a hole .....

I rang up and there was no record of it.. turns out it was from my old account( I moved about 2 months ago). The charge was for a modem ????? I used the same modem from my old house..

I was told on the phone the only way I can get my money back is to go into the bank and fill out forms.. I work every day so I can't go to the bank , and why should I anyway it wasn't my mistake..

I expect my money put back into my account asap or I'm quitting from eircom contract or not..

Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]rottie 11,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]When an account is closed you would be required to return the modem, this would be outlined in the terms and conditions here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/eir_General_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You would have received a final bill with the modem charge on it and a new modem for the new address should also have been delivered to you. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustration with this however I'm afraid only the bank can arrange a direct debit reversal.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please feel free to PM me your old account number and I will take a look into this.  [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]- Pamela [/font]

Advertisement