Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant update flash player

Options
  • 16-06-2016 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi hoping someone can help,my laptop is getting very sluggish and freezing at times once recently got a quick flash of a pop up saying that my flash player needed to be updated.I checked under settings and this is what I saw,i cant click on the update button or change to any of the other two choices.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?no_redirect

I'd suggest you untick the box for also getting Chrome/McAfee/<whatever they offer this week>

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?no_redirect

I'd suggest you untick the box for also getting Chrome/McAfee/<whatever they offer this week>

Thanks for reply but not computer literate :( where do I go to untick it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

damon5 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply but not computer literate :( where do I go to untick it

If you clicked the link - I think you'll see it - apologies for the sh1te handwriting:
    389071.JPG

When I clicked on the previous link it said.....Flash Player is integrated with Internet Explorer in Windows 10.
    You do not need to install Flash Player.
    I,m running windows 10,:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Use another browser?

• Advertisement

Use another browser?
    Cheers Robert ninja for input
    but its my choice to use the browser that i.m using that I favour,personal opinion,looking for a solution to a problem which I,m sure others running windows 10 on IE must be having the same problem,cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I meant as a way to isolate the problem via deduction.

I meant as a way to isolate the problem via deduction.

Sorry Robert ninja didn't mean for my reply to come across the way it did,thanks for your imput.

OSI wrote: »
    Flash updates in IE 10 are handled via Windows Update and will be installed as per the normal update schedule of your machine.

Thanks for your reply,so does that mean that I will not even have a choice to let Adobe install the updates ( recommended ) ?
    Also when I pull up the Flash player settings manager it says that two plug ins are not installed,could you give a bit of info regarding them,cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

damon5 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply,so does that mean that I will not even have a choice to let Adobe install the updates ( recommended ) ?
    Also when I pull up the Flash player settings manager it says that two plug ins are not installed,could you give a bit of info regarding them,cheers.

OK - so you've already determined that in Windows 10 Flash is built into IE. It has also been built into Chrome for a few years now and Google have been responsible for keeping it updated there.

I use Firefox on my old desktop and that does not have Flash built in, so I have the NPAPI version of Flash installed on my machine.
    389133.JPG

Even though it is configured to auto-update, I had to manually update it today after seeing the warnings about the actively exploited vulnerabilities.

The sooner that Flash is wiped from the face of the internet, the safer it will become.

• Advertisement

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    OK - so you've already determined that in Windows 10 Flash is built into IE. It has also been built into Chrome for a few years now and Google have been responsible for keeping it updated there.

I use Firefox on my old desktop and that does not have Flash built in, so I have the NPAPI version of Flash installed on my machine.
    389133.JPG

Even though it is configured to auto-update, I had to manually update it today after seeing the warnings about the actively exploited vulnerabilities.

The sooner that Flash is wiped from the face of the internet, the safer it will become.

That's crazy leaving computers so vulnerable to attacks that you cant even update them yourself, especially when you try to protect your computer spending money on security as in anti virus,security software etc..

Advertisement