Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats your wife riding?? 😋

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

As the missus is only 2" taller than a dwarf she's using a XS On-One inbred with 1.9 slicks for generally pottering with the family duties. Capable for much more but she's not that interested.

Has a touring handlebar bag as she wanted to be able to protect stuff from the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

RobFowl wrote: »
    Seeing as how I used her BTW without telling her last year that might be a while away ;)

Oh and there is a bit of admitted tax fraud that Beasty has been waiting for...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Got her a Giant Dash 3 in xs on my btw, she hardly uses it and I have threatened to trade it in but she never had a new bike in her life so hanging on the way it stays

Could have got myself a nice training bike :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Scott Contessa 15, she's getting in about 100km a week at the moment!

scott-contessa-speedster-35-2015-rutland-cycling.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭zonular

We go touring every year in France. We have steel touring bikes with racks on the front and back which allows us to carry four panniers on each bike and a tent.

It's a great holiday. Cycling until early afternoon, usually followed by a refreshing dip in the sea or a pool, then some chilling out in the shade before heading out for a well-earned dinner.

That sounds amazing, my missus is interested in touring, not so interested in speed, what bikes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Mrs Rollingscone still lives in fear of traffic but hopefully the "new bike" will lead to a modest mileage increase and the confidence that goes with it.

Immediate feedback on the first flight of Wifenbike II was a request for a taller stem though :-/

20160618_152414.jpg

Next question is how many of your OH commute and how far. My missus works shift so night cycles may be a thing but only a five miler (I'm still nervous of the idea)

I love fixed gears/ single speed but I think I might just get her good self a blurrggh a hybrid *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Only commuting 11km each way on a Giant SCR for now but she's looking into getting a CX bike. I'm still having hope she gets the bug big time and not just the commuting bit :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭fat bloke

zonular wrote: »
    Next question is how many of your OH commute and how far.

As Trump might say, I definitely have the winningest wife in this thread :) . Commutes every day, 15k in & out of town, races every weekend. :cool:

(more than I do:o)

fat bloke wrote: »
    As Trump might say, I definitely have the winningest wife in this thread :) . Commutes every day, 15k in & out of town, races every weekend. :cool:

(more than I do:o)

I don't think she is a racer (not yet) but a fan of clean lines and simplicity.

I was looking at the Halfords 13 lambda hybrid, decent spec for the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

My OH has 2 Cervelo R3's 54 for training and a 52 for racing neither getting much use this year like my 2

Advertisement