Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert Irish wrong prose and poetry PLEASE HELP

• 16-06-2016 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I completed my Irish paper 2 in the Leaving Cert on Tuesday, And I made a terrible mistake. Having studied the named poetry and prose, I did the optional prose and poetry questions instead. Have I lost all 60 marks automatically? Or do I have any chance of scraping a few marks for Irish? Someone please help. If I did lose all 60 marks, I will have to change my CAO choices. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eastoctopus

I completed my Irish paper 2 in the Leaving Cert on Tuesday, And I made a terrible mistake. Having studied the named poetry and prose, I did the optional prose and poetry questions instead. Have I lost all 60 marks automatically? Or do I have any chance of scraping a few marks for Irish? Someone please help. If I did lose all 60 marks, I will have to change my CAO choices. Thanks.

It says above the optional poetry questions that you're not allowed use anything relating to the named poetry/prose so as far as I know, yes you've lost 60 marks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

It says above the optional poetry questions that you're not allowed use anything relating to the named poetry/prose so as far as I know, yes you've lost 60 marks

bit harsh lol. Could've sugarcoated it a little!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

OP, whatever happened in the Irish exam (I'm not familiar with the structure of the paper), do not change your CAO based on this exam. You could get the points you need anyway, and you will be kicking yourself in August if you get the points and you are stuck with a course you don't want because you changed the CAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

I agree with what rainbowtrout has said, by all means add more courses to your Cao if you haven't filled them up already and think you need to put in courses with lower points but whatever you do, don't change the course order around because you think you won't get the points! You don't know what could happen, you could do better in other subjects, points could drop etc, don't give up hope just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sibealcasey

Not the greatest news, But thank you!
    juniorcert wrote: »
    I agree with what rainbowtrout has said, by all means add more courses to your Cao if you haven't filled them up already and think you need to put in courses with lower points but whatever you do, don't change the course order around because you think you won't get the points! You don't know what could happen, you could do better in other subjects, points could drop etc, don't give up hope just yet
    I need 570 points, I am not feeling very optimistic! Thank you for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I need 570 points, I am not feeling very optimistic! Thank you for your help!

Look if you have say Medicine/Dentistry/Physiotherapy etc as your first few choices and they are all 570+, and then you have General Science as your fifth choice, which is say 400, and you don't get the 570 you are looking for but end up with 530, then you won't get your first four choices, but you will in this case still get your fifth choice.

So no point moving a lower points course up the list, you will get it if you don't get the higher points, higher preference courses above it.

Advertisement