Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm no sms on front door entry

Options
  • 17-06-2016 9:45am

Hi there,

Had a break in last night. Reckon our front door got bump keyed as alarm went off after the 30 sec you have to enter code.
    As soon as it went off I ran downstairs and the front door was wide open.

Thankfully nothing was grabbed and no damage done.

However, the alarm didnt text our phones that it had been set off as it would with any of the other sensors going off.

Is this a setting I can change?

Cheers,
    N

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi there,

Had a break in last night. Reckon our front door got bump keyed as alarm went off after the 30 sec you have to enter code.
    As soon as it went off I ran downstairs and the front door was wide open.

Thankfully nothing was grabbed and no damage done.

However, the alarm didnt text our phones that it had been set off as it would with any of the other sensors going off.

Is this a setting I can change?

Cheers,
    N

You should of got an entry fault once the timer counted down.
    Have you tested it to confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Why not install a simple door latch to prevent future attempts to fully open the door. Also as suggested, just test for entry fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

What system is it ? 8/12, 10/70, Quantum ?

Did you turn off the alarm as soon as you ran down stairs ? Some systems are setup that you've your 30 second entry time ( way too long)
    and then another digi delay of 20-30 seconds

You might have a delayed SMS to allow you to cancel the alarm.

Evolution1 wrote: »
    What system is it ? 8/12, 10/70, Quantum ?

Did you turn off the alarm as soon as you ran down stairs ? Some systems are setup that you've your 30 second entry time ( way too long)
    and then another digi delay of 20-30 seconds

You might have a delayed SMS to allow you to cancel the alarm.

You're spot on. I turned off the alarm within the digi delay period!

Cheers all

Advertisement