Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playschool near Coppeen

Options
  • 17-06-2016 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Everyone
    Thinking about buying a house near Coppeen, commuting Ballincollig. I have a little one that should be starting playschool in September, so I was wondering what the options are around there ? We're moving home to Ireland after 15 years abroad, but not originally from West Cork at all, so don't know the area very well yet !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I am not from coppeen but there is one in Kilmurry, one in crookstown and one in coughduv - there is also one on the back road to ballincollig between aherla and kilumney if you are traveling that way anyway. If you ring the primary school on copeen - asuming there is one? then they should be able to let you know. you will need to register your child in the nearest primary school now anyway for next yr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 roelnan

thanks a million, very helpful :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

Childsplay Educare in Cloughduv is good, play orientated learning with great staff.
    Another one id reccommend is Farran Montessori, its more of a classroom orientated preschool but very good. Dont think they do early or late drop offs or collections tho.
    Others that i know of are in Crookstown, and Killumney. Theres probably a few more too.
    The one in Cloughduv does before and afterschool care also, i think they open at 8 and close at 6. A lot of people using it do so because of this. They drop and collect kids to Cloughduv and Bonnane schools and do their homework in a designated classroom. The kids then have boardgames, books and a playstation to use when homework is done before a parent collects them.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭pitstop

There is one in Coppeen. About a mile east of the village. All the kids go there and have their friends sorted before school.

Advertisement