Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Black Forest weekend trip

• 17-06-2016 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, the missus and I will be heading into the Black Forest for a weekend in July and am looking for any must ride roads. I've never been to the region (apart from zooming past on the autobahn) so looking for advice :)

Was thinking something along the lines of: Proposed Route.

Basically get to baden-baden on the friday evening and spend the night there. Some light tourism stuff around there before hitting the road and ending in/around Freiburg on saturday evening. Sunday heading south south east again before ending up in Schafhaussen on the sunday evening. Leaving monday morning as time to visit the Rhine Falls and other touristy stuff before jumping on the motorway for the 2 hour jaunt home.

All in all about 300km (plus motorways), doesn't seem too stressful with plenty of time for sight seeing/ culture (much less than we did in a similar time frame last year). Missus will be ridding pillion so plenty of stops (She fell asleep on the motorway last year before jolting awake when we hit a bump so keen to avoid that haha :D).

Any must see spots or must drive routes? I'm pretty much open to everything :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'm heading down to Konstanz with my soon to be missus very soon too, great area :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Congrats on the soon to be missus! Just hope she's aware of the fact :p

I haven't actually been to that area yet but will probably do a dedicated trip for that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

Was down the B500 few weeks ago (from Gaggenau to Freudenstadt, Wolfach, Triberg, Titisee, Todtnau, Munstertal)
    Nice roads but it was pissing rain so not as enjoyable as it could have been.

I had a B&B near Freiburg and according to the owner (also a biker), they have nicer biking roads, B500 is 'like the highway' but it worked for me.
    Unluckily, I had no time to explore more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

All I know is my mate from Germany was there last year and he said it was amazing. He's from north west Germany and he hated to admit it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Guess not a lot have been in that neck of the woods or have anything else to recommend.

Sure I'll just chop and choose on the days and see where we end up. Will report back on it later for info for others with possibly a video or two if they worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Flew to Frankfurt a few months ago and then drove from Heidelberg south to Neuschwanstein Castle, was beautiful... from there we went to Lake Konstanz (stayed in a lovely spot call the Bad Hotel in Uberlingen - ironic name award 2016). From there we drove around the lake so had lunch in Switzerland and dinner in Austria before shooting back up towards the Black Forrest. Dipped into Strasbourg (def worth a visit, amazing place) on the way bback before shooting back up towards Frankfurt. This was all in a cage, but damn those autobahns look like fun on two wheels!

Advertisement