Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen calibration (laptop)

• 17-06-2016 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this belongs here or in a computing section.

I recently bought a laptop and use it primarily for light photo processing. When I edit in photoshop I end up with an image that I am happy with. But when I then open that image from the folder where it is saved (with whatever the standard photo viewing programme is on a laptop) it looks noticeably different, in colour tone in particular.

When I then open the image on a tablet, it looks slightly different again.... !

I haven't printed any images yet which I know is necessary in order to find out what exactly the true colour is. Just wondering whether a calibration device would be worth it? And does anyone know why photoshop would show me a different colour finish to the standard file viewer, on the same screen!

Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Are you using Windows 10? I recently upgraded and noticed that the colours are different in the photo viewer than what they are in photoshop. This wasn't an issue in Windows 8. If you're only doing light photo processing then a calibration device is probably not worth it. Most people viewing your photos online will be looking at them on uncalibrated devices anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Yes, Windows 10

Advertisement