Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointing thread closures.

Options
  • 17-06-2016 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

I've seen it happen before, but I'm still surprised at threads being heavily moderated within 14 posts, and then deleted.

This morning, a user logged in as bluesomethingjeans, and posted a little rant about how he reckons there isn't much sexual attraction in a marraige these days - in After Hours. Users replies were deleted, and eventually the thread disappeared. He then appeared and started the same thread again, and apropos nothing it was deleted within 5 minutes.

Is this censorship? As far as I could see the content was all right - no rules were broken.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yer man is a banned serial re-reg troll, has registered literally thousands of accounts with boards. When he's discovered all his posts are deleted.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

So? You can ban him, and leave the thread remain. A discussion was taking place, and then it was stifled.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

No discus because that is exactly what he is seeking.
    He and his multiple re-regs would just circle back around, argue among themselves, gang up on everyone else and pick on his weakest ego.

When spotted, multiple times a day we just press the nuke button and irrespective of where they are in a thread they get wiped. Sometimes that means whole threads go as he's also the first poster but it's all pretty much the same for all trolls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

You could start the thread yourself if you feel there's discussion to be had

As for the rereg. This person reregs anywhere from 1 to 50 times a day, that's the type of person we're dealing with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Also if a thread of his is left open he ramps up the rereg's to 100+ per day just to post in that thread.

• Advertisement

So what you have is one re-reg with lots of other re-reg accounts on the one thread chatting with himself and whoever else?

That is bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    You could start the thread yourself if you feel there's discussion to be had

As for the rereg. This person reregs anywhere from 1 to 50 times a day, that's the type of person we're dealing with.

Jesus how does anyone have the time to do that? If I have more than 3 pages to read I just skip to the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

ken wrote: »
    Also if a thread of his is left open he ramps up the rereg's to 100+ per day just to post in that thread.

That is mental.he must have nothing to do all day.sounds like hes an "patient" with a laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Haha, you'll never catch me!

jk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

So what you have is one re-reg with lots of other re-reg accounts on the one thread chatting with himself and whoever else?

That is bizarre.
    Ya - instead of wasting all that time reregging here, he could just setup another site instead, where he can spend the whole day talking to himself through multiple accounts, and try to fool readers into thinking there are many more people - he could call it...*something something rhymes with boat...*

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

how much time does he have on his hands? christ

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

That is bizarre.

Took me a while to accept it when I started modding. I almost though I was having my leg pulled. However, it's all true. This individual is insane and we've now got a system in place to deal with him, ie nuke him every time he reregs.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

I still say it's Dav and Niamh "testing" us and giggling to themselves. Just wish there was only the one like that.

Don't know if I'd agree with insane, maybe instead crazy like a fox. I loved that show but bet it's aged...

• Site Banned Posts: 1 Stromblue

Taltos wrote: »
    I still say it's Dav and Niamh "testing" us and giggling to themselves. Just wish there was only the one like that.

Don't know if I'd agree with insane, maybe instead crazy like a fox. I loved that show but bet it's aged...

No, I'm definintely insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

:D

Stromblue wrote: »
    No, I'm definintely insane.

And on that note I am closing this thread, but S, I'm leaving this post.
    After a really weird week I just have to. Still think you're Dav or Niamh...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement