Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

primary schools....ALL BOOKED..!!

• 17-06-2016 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

That's it ..no schools all full..What now?!I am located in city center Limerick..do they have to put your child on list due to location?How does that really work???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Jane25526 wrote: »
    That's it ..no schools all full..Wat now?!I am located in city center Limerick..do they have to put your child on list due to location?How does that really work???

All schools where are full? And for what term? If you are just looking in the city center, the problem is that the schools in town tend to be those that offer something most schools don't (Gaelscoil, ET, CoI, etc) so parents apply for places almost as soon as their child is born. So applying now for next September/September 2017 will be too late. Even in the more common NS schools, places would have been allocated months ago. Your best bet now is to broaden your search area while being put on the waiting list for any schools in your preferred area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Jane25526 wrote: »
    That's it ..no schools all full..What now?!I am located in city center Limerick..do they have to put your child on list due to location?How does that really work???

its the same all over the country. our son was still in the incubator at cork NICU when his name was put down for a school in 2017 - he was born in 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Jane25526

Thank's to everyone:) any opinions about St.Patrick school(girls only) on Dublin road???

Advertisement