Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nautilus X - Coughing?

• 17-06-2016 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭

I'm puzzled by this.

I got a Nautilus X last week, and after a day or two vaping away on it, I've started coughing. My wife even commented that she hadn't heard me coughing like that since I stopped smoking.

I went back to my GS Air-M yesterday, and while I'm still coughing a bit, it's much less than previous days.

Can anyone shed any light on why this might be happening? It's the same homebrew juice in both tanks. The only other change I can think is that I've used up my Picknmix nicotine and am now on the Darkstar stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I find that tank a bit spitty, could that be it? Juice getting in your throat making it irritated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭j26m

EGriff wrote: »
    I find that tank a bit spitty, could that be it? Juice getting in your throat making it irritated?

No, the vapour feels a little drier than the GS, and there's less of it. Flavour is slightly better though.
    I find I can only take short drags on it before I start coughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

j26m wrote: »
    No, the vapour feels a little drier than the GS, and there's less of it. Flavour is slightly better though.
    I find I can only take short drags on it before I start coughing.

A drier sensation would actually make me cough too I think. I like my vape creamy and rich, I've had some 'dry' tasting juices in the past that did make me cough now and then though. Might be just that simple.

A drier sensation would actually make me cough too I think. I like my vape creamy and rich, I've had some 'dry' tasting juices in the past that did make me cough now and then though. Might be just that simple.

It's the same juice though. That's what I don't understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

It's the same juice though. That's what I don't understand.

When building your own coils & you use too much or too little cotton,it can give you a harsh vape & also when the airhole on a dripper is not facing the coil properly,this causes a harsh vape.

As the Nautilus has a stock coil & giving a harsh vape causing you to cough,either the air is not going through the coil as it should or the wick in it isn't right,maybe a dodgy coil,that is the only thing I can think of,I have not tried this new Nautilus X coil,so I cannot for sure tell you what is the real problem,if no other Nautilus X users coughing,it's got to be the coil.
    Hope this helps a little or confuse you:D:D

• Advertisement

I'll try the other coil and see then.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jarek

it's not your Nautilus or coils from aspire, I would not trust Darkstar, sorry to say but I had some experience with them and won't be surprised if they mixing their nicotine with something else....Just don't want to talk about details but google fuuu will help you more;-)

try even for one day to use different nic (from other sources) and you'll notice improvement 100%

stay safe and buy from trusted sources!

cheers
    J

jarek wrote: »
    it's not your Nautilus or coils from aspire, I would not trust Darkstar, sorry to say but I had some experience with them and won't be surprised if they mixing their nicotine with something else....Just don't want to talk about details but google fuuu will help you more;-)

try even for one day to use different nic (from other sources) and you'll notice improvement 100%

cheers
    J

But the same juice in the GS Air M, or the AIO doesn't have the same effect. I've tried the exact same juice in all three and only the Nautilus X caused it.

Also, if you had a bad experience with Darkstar you should explain it somewhat, rather than just making vague insinuations.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jarek

But the same juice in the GS Air M, or the AIO doesn't have the same effect. I've tried the exact same juice in all three and only the Nautilus X caused it.

Also, if you had a bad experience with Darkstar you should explain it somewhat, rather than just making vague insinuations.

I'm not making insinuations or any form of public allegations, just sharing my personal opinion based on my experience with above company. For obvious reasons I can't talk publicly about details. Hope this helps;-)

stay safe;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

jarek wrote:
    I'm not making insinuations or any form of public allegations, just sharing my personal opinion based on my experience with above company. For obvious reasons I can't talk publicly about details. Hope this helps;-)

Actually you are insinuating something. But not giving any detail puts doubt to any credibility. There was no point in posting anything in the first place.

I've never used darkstar, but I wouldn't not use them due to someone with questionable motive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

moleyv wrote: »
    Actually you are insinuating something. But not giving any detail puts doubt to any credibility. There was no point in posting anything in the first place.

I've never used darkstar, but I wouldn't not use them due to someone with questionable motive.

I've been on multiple forums for multiple hobbies over the years and they all had one thing in common..... Really old accounts with very recent posts... duplicate accounts created way back when for when users need extra anonymity when stirring the proverbial pot. I don't think this is any different in fact its quite possible that this is a vendor who is trying to sway users away from darkstar and I bet he has a handy alternative for a low low price just in case he manages to convince someone.

Also googled the hell out of darkstar and couldn't find a single problem with the product itself... yeah few complaints about customer service and spotty shipping time (nothing new there can't make everyone happy), but no complaints of the product itself so I'am gonna call bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

jarek wrote: »

cheers
    J

This is complete nonsense ^

I'm using DarkStar nic right now, in all my mixes, and it's good, clean, clear nic. I've used it for many months now. I trust it enough I'm awaiting another 250ml of it.

The only trouble I have had to date with DS was they can be a little slow to deliver. But every order came well packaged, nicely bottled VG/nic/concentrates and when you do have a problem, they respond. I did have one bottle of nic where the cap rung off the threads when opening. I messaged them about this, and they sent me 60ml of Cap custard concentrate for the hassle. It wasn't actually all that much hassle, I just put a hole in the lid and decanted into other bottles. Nic was perfectly fine. Just lost the lovely amber glass bottle it originally came in.

Advertisement