Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account number problem

Options
  • 17-06-2016 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello, 

I have been requested to enter my IBAN as part of a process. Since I cannot find my previous account statements and never applied for online banking, I decided to use the IBAN calculator. However, every time I enter my account number I receive this message '[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Your Account Number must be a valid Bank of Ireland account number'.[/font]

I presume that my account number is the 8 digit code on my card with 'CARD NUMBER" printed below it. 

Kind regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

AV277 wrote: »
    Hello, 

I have been requested to enter my IBAN as part of a process. Since I cannot find my previous account statements and never applied for online banking, I decided to use the IBAN calculator. However, every time I enter my account number I receive this message '[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Your Account Number must be a valid Bank of Ireland account number'.[/font]

I presume that my account number is the 8 digit code on my card with 'CARD NUMBER" printed below it. 

Kind regards
    Hi AV277,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

You can find your account number on a recent statement or if you log into Banking 365 it’s available to you there, it's the last 8 digits of your IBAN number.

For security reasons your account number is not displayed on your Visa Debit card. The 8 digit number is your card number.

Have a good day and if we can help with anything else please let us know.

Helen

Advertisement