Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound vanished

• 17-06-2016 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

Been using Win10 for a while now.

It did an update and now I've lost use of my soundcard. (creative x-fi gamer) I can use the realtek onboard audio some of the time.

I've tried disabled realtek from bios.
    Uninstalled, reinstalled drivers
    Disabled re-enabled card
    Physically took card out and reslotted
    Got latest drivers.

Not sure what else I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Sorry to ask a really stupid question but have you made sure the computer/application is not doing something daft like defaulting to the HDMI output on the graphics card as the primary audio device?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Sorry to ask a really stupid question but have you made sure the computer/application is not doing something daft like defaulting to the HDMI output on the graphics card as the primary audio device?

Tried that. Its bizarre. I think it's possible the card may have crapped out.

Thanks though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

When I upgraded to Windows 10, my sound drivers stopped working.

Tried everything, and ended up going back to Windows 7. Working perfect now again

Advertisement