Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jerry "The King" Lawler Arrested and Suspended *Update Post#31*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mug Shot.

lawler-mcbride-mugs.jpeg?quality=85&strip=all&w=400&h=225&crop=1

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

It will be interesting to see WWE's reaction to this. He should be 'suspended indefinitely' a la Adam Rose. More so actually since there was an actual gun involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Suspended indefinitely apparently. On phone so can't link it. Came up on bleacher report app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Corey Graves call up in time for Smackdown live?

Be interesting to see if they explain his absence on Smackdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Corey Graves being promoted to Smackdown sooner than we thought so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

CastorTroy wrote: »

Suffering from "anal bleeding" could work again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

http://www.wwe.com/article/jerry-lawler-suspended-arrested

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Jerry Lawler was arrested at his home Friday morning by the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office in Memphis, Tenn.

According to a police report, Lawler and his girlfriend, Lauryn McBride, were taken into custody and booked on alleged charges of domestic assault—bodily harm, a misdemeanor.

WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, and per our policy, Jerry Lawler has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest.

While I agree with the suspension (they dont have much choice following Rose's), I feel there should be a line somewhere like "...has been suspended indefinitely until the investigation has been concluded". You know, an "innocent until proven guilty" slant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    http://www.wwe.com/article/jerry-lawler-suspended-arrested

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Jerry Lawler was arrested at his home Friday morning by the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office in Memphis, Tenn.

According to a police report, Lawler and his girlfriend, Lauryn McBride, were taken into custody and booked on alleged charges of domestic assault—bodily harm, a misdemeanor.

WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, and per our policy, Jerry Lawler has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest.

While I agree with the suspension (they dont have much choice following Rose's), I feel there should be a line somewhere like "...has been suspended indefinitely until the investigation has been concluded". You know, an "innocent until proven guilty" slant.

Lawler has a really poor track record with women and how he treats them. Id say hes done and lets be honest, he should have been done years ago.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'd Imagine they won't even acknowledge it or him ever again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Jaysus that sounds dodgy and not just cos King is 66 and his Fiancee is 27 (Jaysus 39 year difference... think about that he was 39 when she was born!)

She says he hit her and offered her a gun to kill herself, while he says she was drunk threw a candle at him, kicked him in the balls and then threatened to kill herself... WWE won't be putting Jerry back on TV anytime soon.

I actually predicted that the WWE would promote Graves to SD recently but now it seems like almost a certainty. Until the draft though I'm sure they could get by with just two on the table as tbh Lawler wasn't exactly adding huge amouts in recent years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

King Ross to have field day with this.

He may have to change his gimmick. :)

Booker may replace on a temporary basis or JBL do double duty until the live shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lawler will be no loss whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Jerry Lawyer comes off as a right douchebag. A lot said about him over the years.

Actually, Kevin Nash once said in an YouShoot that he asked Lawler once for advice on wrestling (must have been 1993) and the response he got was 'this has taken me years to learn this, you think I'm gonna tell you?'

Nash's response to that was 'alrighty then '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

She says he hit her and offered her a gun to kill herself, while he says she was drunk threw a candle at him, kicked him in the balls and then threatened to kill herself... WWE won't be putting Jerry back on TV anytime soon.
    Both stories are remarkably in sync there.

They've been together a few years now, no f*cking way it was a healthy relationship. The fact she got involved with him alone is a pretty worrying sign for her sanity, couple that with Lawler's obnoxious and completely deluded sense of self-righteousness (I guarantee if you listen to any long interview with him that you'll hate him by the end)... can easily imagine him goading her into a pretty extreme reaction and then retaliating, telling himself he done nothing in the wrong.

He's done. The only reason he was still around for the past ten years was because Vince loves people who don't need him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I actually really enjoyed listening to him on Jericho's podcast a few months back. He has some great stories.

No idea what he's like in his personal life though. This story doesn't sound good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Corey Graves being promoted to Smackdown sooner than we thought so.

Always a silver lining. wwe have set a precedent with adam rose earlier this year so jerry lawler will have more time to concentrate on his new business venture in memphis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

I actually really enjoyed listening to him on Jericho's podcast a few months back. He has some great stories.

No idea what he's like in his personal life though. This story doesn't sound good.
    In fairness, just about everyone comes across well on Jericho's podcast. Start asking him for his opinions on anything though...
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Always a silver lining. wwe have set a precedent with adam rose earlier this year so jerry lawler will have more time to concentrate on his new business venture in memphis.
    not really, WWE effectively pushed Rose out the door in that a guy in his early 30s with a family and like no major savings being put on indefinite unpaid suspension is going to need to leave, but that doesn't mean the precedent is to sack the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Jesus that's some age difference. Doesn't look good at all. But innocent until proven guilty, no matter how bad things might look he deserves a fair trial, in court and on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

That's Lawler definitely gone so, no way will he be let back with open arms after this....

I certainly won't miss him when he's eventually future endeavored, his best years are well behind him.

• Advertisement

Ah Lawler has a record for praying on young vulnerable girls, I well believe the story is true.

Hes a wrestling legend, and one of the best but hes a creep in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭briany

Jerry Lawyer comes off as a right douchebag. A lot said about him over the years.

Actually, Kevin Nash once said in an YouShoot that he asked Lawler once for advice on wrestling (must have been 1993) and the response he got was 'this has taken me years to learn this, you think I'm gonna tell you?'

Nash's response to that was 'alrighty then '

Might have been the way that Kevin Nash asked Lawler. Let's be honest, Nash has never exactly tried to be the most likable guy in wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Jesus that's some age difference. Doesn't look good at all. But innocent until proven guilty, no matter how bad things might look he deserves a fair trial, in court and on social media.

yeah, I'm reserving judgement til we have some FACTS, it's worth bearing in mind that both of them were arrested, not just Jerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

briany wrote: »
    Might have been the way that Kevin Nash asked Lawler. Let's be honest, Nash has never exactly tried to be the most likable guy in wrestling.

True. Nash, while a funny dude, has had his moments of douchbagery too :pac:

Truth be told both as bad as each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

reserving judgement til we have some FACTS, it's worth bearing in mind that both of them were arrested, not just Jerry.

Yep, maybe withhold the burning torches until we get the proper story! A small point but knee-jerk "he's gone forever" ideas won't stick - Lawler was taken off TV in 93 when he was accused of raping a teenager. When it came to light that she made it all up, he was brought back (for WM X). So if he's not doing jail time for domestic assault, I'm confident Vince will let him -- the WWE Hall of Famer -- back in when it all blows over.

Didn't see that replacement on Smackdown coming. Wonder if he's permanent
    David Otunga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Didn't see that replacement on Smackdown coming. Wonder if he's permanent
    David Otunga

That particular individual is doing
    superstars now as well
    so not that much of a shock being honest.

Ah right, I don't watch that so didn't know. But wonder if it's just to fill in until the live shows start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

with the three man commentary team, it's always the lead guy with one face and one heel colour commentator, so it makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Charges dropped and he's back. Via Observer:
    Jerry Lawler's holiday weekend got off to a good start Friday as domestic assault charges against he and his fiancee were dismissed in a Memphis, TN, courtroom. Later on in the day, his suspension from WWE was lifted, effective immediately according to Pro Wrestling Sheet.

The 66-year-old Lawler and 27-year-old Lauryn McBride were arrested several weeks ago after police came to their West Memphis, TN, home after a violent altercation between the two. Police arrested both of them as they couldn't determine who was the primary aggressor. The charges will be removed from their records.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

66 and 27. They're both adults, and King is definitely "immature" but it just doesn't sit right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Charges dropped and he's back

With them probably going for 2 different commentary teams he'll probably find a way onto one of the teams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Amazing how prior to any investigation taking place so many people want to give their opinion of how someone is a scumbag and how he definitely did it and is finished but once the investigation actually takes place and charges are dropped nobody really cares. Not necessarily directed at boards, more on Twitter but it's one the biggest problems with social media in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Amazing how prior to any investigation taking place so many people want to give their opinion of how someone is a scumbag and how he definitely did it and is finished but once the investigation actually takes place and charges are dropped nobody really cares. Not necessarily directed at boards, more on Twitter but it's one the biggest problems with social media in my opinion.

The court of social media is getting ridiculous in general alright

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

In a case like this especially where both were brought in because they didn't know who was at fault it is very hard I would imagine for any charges to stick. I mean if both parties (after calming down) refuse to press charges what can the police do considering all that happened in the first place was that they responded to a call and were faced with a he said she said recollection of events from the two about a violent confrontation.

re- people jumping to react well that is true to life in general these days but Jerry's past, the 39 year age gap and both of their stories at the time of the incident (1 saying she threatened to kill herself the other that he offered her a gun so as to do so) don't exactly paint them in a great light and kinda make it easy for people to judge.

• Advertisement

As one of those lads who called for Lawler out, I stand by it. Just because the case isnt going ahead, doesnt mean he is innocent.

Lawlers rep stands before him, he has had priors with women half is age or more in the past. Hes always been a slime ball in my eyes.

Advertisement