Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 - Group D - Czech Republic vs Croatia, 5pm, RTE & BBC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

How they got a point from this game i do not know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Delighted for the Croatian fans........well the eejit ones with the flares.

Yes!

Looks like the flares were a particularly bad idea now. 3 minutes into injury time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

how ironic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Smashed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

well Croatia ******* that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭AdolfEngland

How are they getting flares in like,could just as easy be weapons

That's the French for you. Spent a year living there and their ineptness is breath taking.

C'mon the Czechs. Hope those ***** get a good hammering from their own fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Spectacular self destruction from the Croatians on and off the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Can't bate some late drama!:)

Lol at the flare throwers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I blame the fans. Croatia were cruising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Czechs really motoring since Skoda has arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Croatian fans fúcked up their teams momentum there.

The lack of police and even many stewards down at that end is actually mind boggling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Croatia are the new dark horses of this tournament it's fair to say

Cursed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

What a meltdown from Croatia. As for the fans kicking off, jesus wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Why can't anyone just comprehend that Clattenburg clearly suspended play for 3/4 mins.... It's not that difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,292 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

mansize wrote: »

From same article

It has begun disciplinary proceedings against Russia - but not England - after "totally unacceptable" scenes at Saturday's England-Russia game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

all since Modric went off really, but Croatia have especially all over the place since the disruption. You could see the effect of it on Perisic's face at the restart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Croatia, top team on ppaer, but their FIFA rankings over time (27th) don't bare that out. Not that far above Czech (30) and Ireland (33)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

If i were anywhere near that stadium I'd be legging it about now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That link doesn't actually prove your point but the headline is inaccurate.

Russia have been threatened with being suspended for what happened inside the stadium. Not England unless their supporters kick off inside a stadium at future game.
    Charges against Russia are for crowd disturbances, racist behaviour, and setting off fireworks, Uefa confirmed.
    In a strongly-worded statement, European football's governing body said it would not hesitate to impose sanctions on either Russia or England should such violence occur again.

Which means that the Russian's got a "free" attack thanks to UEFA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought they were going to nick a winner there the Czechs which would have been incredible.

Some second half there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

That link doesn't actually prove your point but the headline is inaccurate.

Russia have been threatened with being suspended for what happened inside the stadium. Not England unless their supporters kick off inside a stadium at future game.

Which means that the Russia's got a "free" attack thanks to UEFA!

England were warned as were Russia is what I said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

mansize, you do seem a bit obsessed with England........

First game with 4 goals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Be amazing if Corluka and Cech swapped hats at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Clattenburg robbing us of 100 minutes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

I know it's a bit of karma to see this coming back to bite the Croatian fans in the arse, but why are people so happy with the Czech Republic equalising? It's a bad result for Ireland if we finish third. F*ck wanting to see Czech Republic doing one over Croatia, I want my own team to go through first and foremost.

Steward was very lucky. Exploded just as he went to pick it up. Looks fine thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Good for my euro prediction league.

mansize, you do seem a bit obsessed with England........

First game with 4 goals?

No I'm not, but the commentator said Russia were warned without mentioning England.

That's it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Video of the incident: https://gfycat.com/BleakLeanJohndory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

No I'm not, but the commentator said Russia were warned without mentioning England.

That's it

Russia were given a suspended disqualification for incidents within the Velodrome.

It's probable that ditto will be for Croatia, especially considering one of those red-vested stewards was directly hit by a detonating banger.

Will UEFA properly punish them? Doubt it

Awful security issues and it's only a week in. Maybe UEFA are waiting for some deaths to act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Debil

If ever a game showed how important Modric is , that was it. The Czechs could have won in the end. Excellent header from Skoda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Speaking to a Croatian friend, he says a small group of fans are intentionally trying to get the team kicked out.
    The same group that yell fascist stuff and made the swastika on the pitch during qualifier with Italy.
    They said before the game they would cause stoppage.

Definitely had a major effect on the team's psychological game. Gotta feel bad for the team because they appear to be one of the more convincing and cohesive teams in the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

****ing idiotic Croatian fans. I hope they get kicked out for that. Henry said they deserve a warning first but it's ****ing obvious you shouldn't and can't do that. UEFA needs to send a message.

Anyone know if that steward was injured in any way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Croatia are a team with with potential to do well in this tournament and it looks like their own fans may have just ruined those aspirations. They could get some serious repercussions, especially if that Stewart suffered severe burns. :(

One imagines Croatia will be severely dealt with. They really need to beef up
    Security. I had 3 checks when I to Stade du France in Feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Speaking to a Croatian friend, he says a small group of fans are intentionally trying to get the team kicked out.
    The same group that yell fascist stuff and made the swastika on the pitch during qualifier with Italy.
    They said before the game they would cause stoppage.

Definitely had a major effect on the team's psychological game. Gotta feel bad for the team because they appear to be one of the more convincing and cohesive teams in the tournament.

Your friend knows much more than me being that he's Croatian, but what's the motives behind wanting your country kicked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Will UEFA properly punish them? Doubt it

Awful security issues and it's only a week in. Maybe UEFA are waiting for some deaths to act.

UEFA seem to have no leadership at the moment.

Was that pre planned by some croation "fans"? Seems awful strange.....

****ing idiotic Croatian fans. I hope they get kicked out for that. Henry said they deserve a warning first but it's ****ing obvious you shouldn't and can't do that. UEFA needs to send a message.

Anyone know if that steward was injured in any way?

The BBC showed a close up and it looked like he was ok. I think the explosion knocked him off was feet but thankfully he didn't pick it up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Just hope now Spain don't balls it up like Croatia,have in what is a result that could affect our progression.

Debil wrote: »
    If ever a game showed how important Modric is , that was it. The Czechs could have won in the end. Excellent header from Skoda.

Kovacic slotted in pretty well. Croatia just seriously tilted once the flares incident happened.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

no real need to be threatening to kick them out. It was clearly infighting which is very different to Marseille.

The BBC showed a close up and it looked like he was ok. I think the explosion knocked him off was feet but thankfully he didn't pick it up!!

Explosions don't have to touch you to hurt you. Concussion from a near explosion can be pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

The security is some joke, how many games this week has there been flares fired or set off. Very worrying stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The Croatian fans did the same against Ire in Euro2012 with flares going off behind one of the goals. Can't legislate for idiots but I hope these guys are put in a cell for a week on bread and water.

Funny game. Croatia cruising and then hit by 2 sucker punches.

Advertisement