Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC 4320 wiring to external Deltabell

Options
  • 17-06-2016 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

I want to add an external bell to my SPC 4320 control panel. I have a pyronix [font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]deltabell and thought it would be fairly straight forward however the diagram(s) in the instructions is not quite as intuitive as I'd hoped. As far as I can tell the wiring goes something like the below but you will also see I have a few unused connections to resolve too...[/font]

Panel Deltabell
    NC <--> STB
    EX+ <--> 12V+
    EX- <--> Top Tamper and also link to 12V-
    BHO <--> BELL
    TR <--> Bottom Tamper (with 2K2 resister)
    NO <--> ?
    ? <--> EngHold
    COM links somewhere else on the [font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]panel?[/font]

[font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks.[/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Bell SPC
    T --- TR
    STB --- NO
    Bell --- EX-
    +12V --- EX+
    0V --- BHO
    Link EX- and COM on control panel
    In Bell 2.2k resistor to first tamper from 0V

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I wire them like this
    Bell.............. Panel
    Top tamper.. Bell Hold Off
    Second tamper.. Tamper return in series with relevant resistor.
    Strobe...... Strobe - -or Internal -
    Bell............ Bell -
    Aux +......... External +
    Aux-........... Aux -

If you are stuck for cables you can loop aux - and bell hold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 givryvin

Thanks both for the replies. So it would seem there is not just one way that you can do this? That makes me feel better about being confused by it!

KoolKid, when you say Aux- on the panel is that Ex-? Similarly I don't see a Bell- in the panel manual so presume that has another label? Do I then just ignore NC, NO and COM?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No.
    Aux - is permanent negative. Bell Negative (or ext -) would connect to bell on the Delta Bell.
    I would normally connect strobe to output 4 and programme that as strobe -.

Hi,

I wired in the external bell a while ago and all seemed to be working as expected. Then this weekend before the alarm was deactivated someone ran in the house and triggered it. The bell sounded as you'd expect but afterwards a 'Bell Tamper' was left on the panel and I can't get rid of it. The only options are to inhibit or isolate. If I isolate it then the alarm works as normal still, strobe and sounder both work on alarm etc. The only other difference I can see is that there used to be a constant led flashing which is now not on at all.

Now it took a bit of trial and error on the wiring so I suspect it's something I have done wrong or maybe it's just broken? The final wiring I ended up with was:

Bell.............. Panel
    Top tamper looped to 12- on the bell
    Second tamper.. Tamper return in series with resistor (the one that was already looped on the panel)
    Strobe...... NO
    Bell............ Ex -
    12 +......... Ex +
    12 -........... BHO
    COM on panel also linked to 0V on panel

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement

Have you checked the tamper connections & lid tamper on the bell.
    Something may have been loose and the vibration when it activated disturbed it.

Yes all seems to be fine

Do you think there is any significance to the fact I've lost the led?

Yes. Its like the bell is not getting power. If you press in the tamper switch on the bell does it come back on?
    Check in particular Aux - BHO and Bell + are getting power.

I seem to have inadvertently solved the problem. It was definitely getting power however to prove the point I decided to disconnect the internal battery (of the bell) and then the main power. When I then reconnected it the led started flashing again. It quickly became clear that everything was now working as expected again. The old switch it off and then on again trick!

I tried to recreate the problem too by arming the alarm and triggering it but couldn't. All worked as expected and was able to restore afterwards with no tamper being raised / stuck.

I still have a niggling doubt that I've wired something wrong and that caused the problem but if that's the case you'd expect consistent behaviour.

If it happens again I'd be looking at the bell itself.

• Advertisement

Okay thats good to know. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭eddie_

Hi would anyone have a diagram on how to wire 2 sabb to a siemens spc4320. Many thanks in advance

Advertisement