Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to build a complete gaming PC for approx 600 euro?

Options
  • 17-06-2016 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, I'm looking to build a PC for gaming and also a fair bit of programming and development as I'm studying computer engineering. I'd like to be able to play new games like fallout 4 and the Witcher 3 comfortably, but im not expecting 4K 1080P or ultra high graphics, good to high graphics is more than fine. I've got a budget of about 600 euro, I know this would usually be fine but I also need to buy a monitor, but I'm willing to buy a used one if I could find a decent one for cheap, would anyone be able to help me out with parts? Much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

4k 1080p is a bit of an ask :D

Let's see, €100 should be okay for a second hand monitor

PC wise

i3 6100 €120
    B150m board €60
    8gb RAM €40
    500w PSU €60
    Case €40
    240gb SSD €70
    Total €390

Leaves about €100 for a graphics card. I'd recommend waiting for a few weeks until we know more about the cards AMD are releasing at that price point.

If 240gb isn't enough storage right now, get a 1tb HDD and add the SSD later

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ihatethese

I just realized 4k 1080p makes no sense at all, long day haha, cheers what website would you recommend for buying stuff in Ireland? From what I've seen German sites or amazon UK seems to be the best. I think I'd probably just go for a HDD and upgrade to an ssd whenever I get a bit more money.
    4k 1080p is a bit of an ask :D

Let's see, €100 should be okay for a second hand monitor

PC wise

i3 6100 €120
    B150m board €60
    8gb RAM €40
    500w PSU €60
    Case €40
    240gb SSD €70
    Total €390

Leaves about €100 for a graphics card. I'd recommend waiting for a few weeks until we know more about the cards AMD are releasing at that price point.

If 240gb isn't enough storage right now, get a 1tb HDD and add the SSD later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If you're willing to buy second hand something like this is great value. Card is a bit on the old side but will still play all the latest games temporarily, with the €200 left over you could afford a pretty hefty graphics card. Core of the machine is pretty solid - strong CPU, 16GB of ram, excellent PSU, decent case, cpu watercooler...it's really a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

That's excellent value, definitely make a bid if you're willing to go second hand. €80 for the Radon will leave €180-200 for a new GPU which should fit a 4gb Rx480 which is lined up to be a tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Heck, could even wait to see what the lowly RX460 is shaping up to be - if it can beat the GTX 750 ti on price & performance, it'll be a budget master.

• Advertisement
Advertisement