Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016-17 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Fully expect Madrid to cross Juventus to death. 2-0, at least 1 goal via a high cross.

Why not? When you have one of the best interpreters of space and ball anticipation with athletic ability and clinical finishing in the history of the sport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Turtwig wrote: »
    Fully expect Madrid to cross Juventus to death. 2-0, at least 1 goal via a high cross.

Why not? When you have one of the best interpreters of space and ball anticipation with athletic ability and clinical finishing in the history of the sport?

Yes buy it is anti football. AIG would prefer all his favourite team(S) to be knocked out or even relegated kicking the ball about once it doesn't go a foot in the air rather than crossing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

It's kind of funny looking back now but when Luis Enrique said if the space is there we must play for the space even if we lose the precision he was lynched by some. Later that season, his team was being complimented for how good they were in transitional phases. Still didn't stop people denouncing his heresy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Yes buy it is anti football. AIG would prefer all his favourite team(S) to be knocked out or even relegated kicking the ball about once it doesn't go a foot in the air rather than crossing!

Vertical passes are acceptable though, right? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I'd expect Real to beat Juve in the final.Real just seem to be very lucky in the last few seasons , hope I'm wrong though.

Also I don't want Zidane to win another as a manager .I don't care what anyone says he isn't a great manager , he has great players and anyone could manage the team he has to work with.I think Allegri's a much much better manager and a champions league win would be great for him particularly as he worked his way all the way to the top in management and didn't get his job because he was a big name which is why Zidane has his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Playing Tonight
    Juventus (ITA) V Monaco (FRA) (Agg 2-0)

Playing Wednesday
    Atletico Madrid (ESP) V Real Madrid (ESP) (Agg 0-3)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Finish them off juve, no mercy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ajax should be the let downs but PP offering 33/1 for Juve, Real, Utd and Ajax. Worth a fiver! Better than backing against Ronaldo not scoring again anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Two dead rubbers in the Champion's league imo. I don't see any way back for Monaco or Atletico.

I'll watch the Premier league game tomorrow night I think.

Offside, good effort though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Great start by Monaco even if the "goal" would have been offside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Mendys crossing is superb. Poor by silva there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Higuain did everything right there unlucky

Big save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nice touch from the goal line official!

Monaco keeper and back line are incredibly busy. Can't see them holding out!

Thats all she wrote

That's game.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    That's game.

I'm really routing for Juve now to win it correctly it. A great team to watch.

Dreadfully niave, Bill

• Advertisement

Outstanding from Chiellini.

Subasic is having a worldy.

Maybe not lol.

I wonder how much Barcelona regret giving Alves away

It's a route, Italian style

Is that 3 assists and 1 goal for Dani Alves for Juve's last 4 CL goals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Alves pure genius over both legs

Dani Alves is having some semi final.4 goals and he's had 3 assists and now scored a cracker.

But I'd still argue Sergi Roberto is a better full back and Barca were right to let him leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Anyone notice far less play-acting and general arseholery from Dani Alves since he moved away from Barca? And now that I think of it, less diving in Pedro's game since he moved to Chelsea.

Proof if it's needed that diving, etc. is ingrained into the Barca style of play.

But they revolutionized the game, so it's grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Dani Alves is having some semi final.4 goals and he's had 3 assists and now scored a cracker.

But I'd still argue Sergi Roberto is a better full back and Barca were right to let him leave.
    It was an excellent strike. But why didn't Subasic catch the cross, instead of punching it? There was no pressure on him. It was a straightforward catch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Cant agree with that ,Alves is a much better full back but his head wasn't in the right place the last season at Barcelona ,he was a shadow of himself .
    Too many run ins with the board and Bartomeu in particular.

He seems reinvigorated at Juventus and back to his best .

Will be an interesting match up between him and Marcelo in the final ,I know who my money is on anyway .

This Juventus team will be too good for Real .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Alves vs Marcelo will be fascinating in a few weeks both are easily the best in their position right now & have been key to their sides success in the tournament.
    But.....Facu & Roberto Larcos were better :p
    *names are PES joke btw

blueser wrote: »
    It was an excellent strike. But why didn't Subasic catch the cross, instead of punching it? There was no pressure on him. It was a straightforward catch.

Poor goalkeeping alright.

Cant agree with that ,Alves is a much better full back but his head wasn't in the right place the last season at Barcelona ,he was a shadow of himself .
    Too many run ins with the board and Bartomeu in particular.

He seems reinvigorated at Juventus and back to his best .

Will be an interesting match up between him and Marcelo in the final ,I know who my money is on anyway .

I read it as sarcasm.

Monaco players would do well to remember that the grass isn't always greener, I hope that team stays intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I know he got a big bump in wages but with utd not in CL this season. Pogba really should have stayed at juve another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I can see Juve doing a right job on Real in the final ,could be very one sided,they have the beating of them in every area of the pitch .

You can argue, you are definitely wrong mind
    I think I misread the sarcasm sorry :(

I've only seen him play three times or so but I can safely say that Dybala's world class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Poor by glik. Poor by fabinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Replay person has no clue about football.

The Glickster tries to do Higuain there, a bit of spice added to proceedings.

• Advertisement

that was a terrible stamp. Knew exactly what he was doing there.

It's always possible to avoid the stamp. He chose not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Mars Bar wrote: »
    that was a terrible stamp. Knew exactly what he was doing there.

Pure filth...

El Bow

I can see Juve doing a right job on Real in the final ,could be very one sided,they have the beating of them in every area of the pitch .

How so
    Gk Juve
    Rb par
    CB Juve although Ramos for me is better than both
    LB Real
    Mid Real
    LW Real
    RW Juve
    St Benzema has always started over Higuain
    I dont understand how you came to that conclusion
    I think Juventus might win but not because they are better in every area

irishman86 wrote: »
    How so
    Gk Juve
    Rb par
    CB Juve although Ramos for me is better than both
    LB Real
    Mid Real
    LW Real
    RW Juve
    St Benzema has always started over Higuain
    I dont understand how you came to that conclusion
    I think Juventus might win but not because they are better in every area

I'd have both Bonucci and Chiellini ahead of him. Bonucci has been the best centre back in the world for the last 3 or 4 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

What day will the final be played?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lackey wrote: »
    What day will the final be played?

Saturday, June 3rd.

I'd have both Bonucci and Chiellini ahead of him. Bonucci has been the best centre back in the world for the last 3 or 4 years.

I guess we disagree on this then :D
    I think it was Verrati who said it best
    "Bonucci needs Chiellini"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hopefully Allegri can win the final. For his reputation & even though i follow them to highlight how stupid Milan were getting rid of him after they got rid of anything left of value in the squad.
    Done a super job at Juve, basically replaced all the midfield, attack & wing backs from 2 years ago & kept what was irreplaceable.

Advertisement