Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016-17 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Pity Bravo's lunacy ruined what could have been a good contest. Chapeau to Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

pjmn wrote: »
    Dunphy's view at half time was that Messi is in decline!!! :D

I came on here to post just that!! Comical isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

There goes Dunphy's Messi rant!

In fairness we all know he is naturally not the player he was 2 years ago but their plan to launch into a segment about him after a hat trick can be left for another night!

Delighted Guardiola has been shown he is not the magnificent manager he was touted as during his Barca days.

A very good manager but not on the echelon of greats. Gifted with that Barca team, that Bayern team. And hasn't been all that spectacular with City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Mathieu coming on to shore up the city attack.

Job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Lol Mathieu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,360 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mathieu fancied an early shower since the game was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mathieu just reminding you he is genuinely one of the worst defenders in the history of Barcelona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

It's the defending and stupid mistakes they're making that's embarrassing.
    "Hat trick Messi" is a long time on phones' predictive text all over the world I'll agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Lolo Toure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Messi in decline is nonsense talk. He started the season as frightening as he's ever been. Just back from injury and has 4 goals in less than two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

In fairness we all know he is naturally not the player he was 2 years ago but their plan to launch into a segment about him after a hat trick can be left for another night!

Delighted Guardiola has been shown he is not the magnificent manager he was touted as during his Barca days.

A very good manager but not on the echelon of greats. Gifted with that Barca team, that Bayern team. And hasn't been all that spectacular with City.

As much as I detest the love-in that surrounds Pep, he's in the first quarter of a season with a team that scraped fourth last year. Bit harsh to judge his time with City already

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Mathieu really is bang average isn't he ? How he gets to play for Barca I'll never know.

Burial. wrote: »
    ... nonsense talk...

Dunphy has made a career out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So son of Pepball beating father of Pepball.

The student becomes the master.

Sterling's been very good tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

pjmn wrote: »
    Dunphy's view at half time was that Messi is in decline!!! :D

Messi in decline is nonsense talk. He started the season as frightening as he's ever been. Just back from injury and has 4 goals in less than two games.

I just rewound and listened again to what he said.

He said that the Barcelona project is declining also signs that Messi is starting to show signs of going into decline.

I don't see anything wrong with that. All great players do.

Also, does not mean that he has become a bad player. He's still top class but he's getting older so he will have some lesser powers than he used to but still means he's one of the best players in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

But I though Pep was the reason Barca got so good?!

Something just doesn't add up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

As much as I detest the love-in that surrounds Pep, he's in the first quarter of a season with a team that scraped fourth last year. Bit harsh to judge his time with City already

They scraped 4th because they announced he was to be manager too early and undermined Pellegrini. The players have said themselves that this f*cked with their will to go out and win for him. That team should have been challenging for the title if not winning it. Add to that the additions they made in the summer.

I agree with the rest of your post though.

Decline may seem like a hyperbolic word, I certainly wouldn't use it for Messi at the moment but he was a more active and important player two years ago.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I just rewound and listened again to what he said.

He said that the Barcelona project is declining also signs that Messi is starting to show signs of going into decline.

I don't see anything wrong with that. All great players do.

Also, does not mean that he has become a bad player. He's still top class but he's getting older so he will have some lesser powers than he used to but still means he's one of the best players in the world.

I didn't say he has! Read my post!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Ozil has just scored a hattrick now too. Goals flying in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,605 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Watching Man city I get the weirdest craving for a Cadbury Fudge

. 13966.png[\img]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Cracking finish from ozil.

Napoli/besiktas game has had everything.

I am just anticipating that he is not the Golden Manager some hyperboled him as. Still a very good manager and tactician but not as brilliant as the love in depicted

Who said Messi was in decline? Gas craic.

Barcelona can't score penalties.

Akrasia wrote: »
    Watching Man city I get the weirdest craving for a Cadbury Fudge

. 13966.png[\img]

Terry's Chocolate Orange :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Absolute pish!

Always love to see penalties like that missed.

Best decline ever. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Brilliant goal by Neymar.

• Advertisement

Lovely goal from Neymar. City getting humbled.

And then he does that?!!

Christ I dont know whether that was an unbelievable goal or unbelievably terrible defending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

That was a great goal by Neymar

Guardiola got them defending like a Guardiola tram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Messi showing Firmino how to win a penalty .

Lil toe poke to put ball out of play and then ride the challenge, a peno . Clever boy .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Guardiola looking like a man who sold his Ferrari to buy a Lada.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

John stones :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Stones is stealing a living, a complete fraud.

• Advertisement

barely notice Silva was on the pitch tonight!

Christ I dont know whether that was an unbelievable goal or unbelievably terrible defending

I'm constantly mystified by the hype over Stones. Miles off being a solid centre-half, nevermind a top drawer one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

One clean-sheet in the Premier League to date, and one in the Champions League proper (both in 4-0 home wins). Genuine question marks about Pep's ability to set up defensively. All the ball-playing ability from the back ain't worth a ****e if the basics are lacking.

Manager's with a more "pragmatic" approach such as Koeman, Jose, Conte and Poch will certainly be confident of reeling them in in the long run.

City are still mentally quite weak. While Barca have been good, City have ended up just letting Barca have their way with them.

I'm constantly mystified by the hype over Stones. Miles off being a solid centre half nevermind a top drawer one.

Same as Bravo. Pep cares mainly about them being good on the ball. Everything else is completely secondary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Pep could have done with a bus. Instead they got their ass rightfully handed to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

A shambles says eamonn :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

SlickRic wrote: »
    City are still mentally quite weak. While Barca have been good, City have ended up just letting Barca have their way with them.

The Man city players should be ashamed of themselves, they just gave up long before the end.

Dunphy's scarleh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Pep has never managed a team that needed to defend before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

The actual moment where you can see Dunphy thinking "what the f**k am I babbling on about?" while he's talking guff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement