Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016-17 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Fer petes sake City v Barca is the game of the night, Celtic? Even in Oireland most football fans would regard their game as 2nd choice.
    What's this "oireland" you speak of.

You're wrong anyway. TV3 made the right call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

TheCitizen wrote: »
    That's what you get for backing against Celtic. Celtic weren't at all jammy to get the point, they should've won the game.

Why?? Celtic have an awful European track record away from home and were beaten last day at home by a more under strength BM team. Backing Celtic to get anything was last night would have been against logic, betting wise.BM should've had the game wrapped up early in second half. 3 very decent chances, Hahn's in particular. Sending off was very harsh also and allowed Celtic to dominate last 13 minutes. Would have backed BM to still win if they had the 11th man.

Also, "jammy" was said in heat of moment obviously! Always somewhat frustrating when you lose an ACCY by one goal.

Why?? Celtic have an awful European track record away from home and were beaten last day at home by a more under strength BM team. Backing Celtic to get anything was last night would have been against logic, betting wise.BM should've had the game wrapped up early in second half. 3 very decent chances, Hahn's in particular. Sending off was very harsh also and allowed Celtic to dominate last 13 minutes. Would have backed BM to still win if they had the 11th man.

Also, "jammy" was said in heat of moment obviously! Always somewhat frustrating when you lose an ACCY by one goal.

I think on balance Celtic were the better side last night. Celtic were weakened with absences in defence which cost them the goal. Izzaguire is rusty and it was down his side that Borussia got in for the cross.

Celtic are getting their act together again under Brendan Rodgers. This season is a learning curve one in the CL but I wouldn't be surprised if they still managed to get 3rd spot in the Group which would mean getting at least 2 points in the last two games v Barca at home and Man City away. The odds would be against it but I wouldn't bet against it happening

I think on balance Celtic were the better side last night. Celtic were weakened with absences in defence which cost them the goal. Izzaguire is rusty and it was down his side that Borussia got in for the cross.

Celtic are getting their act together again under Brendan Rodgers. This season is a learning curve one in the CL but I wouldn't be surprised if they still managed to get 3rd spot in the Group which would mean getting at least 2 points in the last two games v Barca at home and Man City away. The odds would be against it but I wouldn't bet against it happening

Nevertheless,whatever you think about last night (i definitely dont agree Celtic were better team over 90 minutes), pre game backing BM was the right decision, based on logic.

Hindsight is great. But if they were to play again next week in Germany, I definitely would still back BM and I doubt the odds would be much different (9/20 last night for BM - a fair price for an accumulator). Obviously a game at Celtic Park I wouldn't touch the game.

Basically adding BM to my accy last night would have added 25% to my winnings (€300 to €400) and I think that, all things equal, it was fair risk assessment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Celtic away in Cl > https://gyazo.com/95c98867a93956c23fcd06c938bdcb72

Backed BMG myself and was indeed the only acca killer

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »

Indeed. I guarantee you most people were killed by that result, accy wise.

Look at the stats even

http://www.flashscore.com/match/bqnvGzKf/#match-statistics;0

I imagine possession wise, playing with an extra man for the last 15 minutes and 5 minutes injury time allowed Celtic to gain the upperhand, possession wise. But otherwise BM were very much the more dominant team and a draw was a lucky enough result for Celtic.

Nevertheless,whatever you think about last night (i definitely dont agree Celtic were better team over 90 minutes), pre game backing BM was the right decision, based on logic.

Hindsight is great. But if they were to play again next week in Germany, I definitely would still back BM and I doubt the odds would be much different (9/20 last night for BM - a fair price for an accumulator). Obviously a game at Celtic Park I wouldn't touch the game.

Basically adding BM to my accy last night would have added 25% to my winnings (€300 to €400) and I think that, all things equal, it was fair risk assessment.
    You don't agree that Celtic were the better side? Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but on the balance of chances I think Celtic should've won. McGregor missed a sitter at the end. Sinclair was very unlucky not to score in the first half striking the inside of the post.

Celtic will grow in confidence in the CL the more they play in it, in my view if they were playing that Borussia side in Germany again next week they would definitely beat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,303 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

inforfun wrote: »

I agree with Celtic's away record, a loss was the most likely scenario but I don't bet so I don't go for all this 'Arghhh, Celtic scoring cost me €400' nonsense. In fact, there is smug satisfaction that Celtic cost someone gambling against them :pac:

I agree with Celtic's away record, a loss was the most likely scenario but I don't bet so I don't go for all this 'Arghhh, Celtic scoring cost me €400' nonsense. In fact, there is smug satisfaction that Celtic cost someone gambling against them :pac:

why are you smug?? What possible reason do you have to be!! I mean it doesn't affect you! Strange thing to say, Celtic fan or not. Taking pleasure out of that is pretty sad.
    And yes, that is how most people react to an accumulator loss. If one team lets you down, most are a bit p1ssed off. It can be a little bit frustrating at the time, as €400 quid would have been a nice earner from a ten quid punt.

Pretty childish to take more pleasure out of a little situation like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,303 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

why are you smug?? What possible reason do you have to be!! I mean it doesn't affect you! Strange thing to say, Celtic fan or not. Taking pleasure out of that is pretty sad.
    And yes, that is how most people react to an accumulator loss. If one team lets you down, most are a bit p1ssed off. It can be a little bit frustrating at the time, as €400 quid would have been a nice earner from a ten quid punt.

Pretty childish to take more pleasure out of a little situation like that!

I don't why it is feels smug when the team you support doesn't lose a game thus preventing a gambler from benefiting. Must be something to do with me not being a gambler and not understanding the frustration therefore it is not personal

• Advertisement

Listen the fact is €10 is nothing, in grand scheme of things. But €400 would have been a nice earner. Hence the small frustration when you miss out in a game where BM could have easily won last night if they had taken their chances before sending off. I obviously exaggerated with the "jammy" remark but Celtic getting an away point in Germany was not forecasted strongly pre game.
    You make it sound like a big deal!!

Whatever about being happy your team got a point away from home and defending your team's performance, to react saying you took pleasure out of me losing out on what would have been a few quid is a bit childish!

Anyway, whatever you are into!!

talking accas and using logic and risk assessment is funny

talking accas and using logic and risk assessment is funny

Using logic to assess risks a bet presents is how betting works mate. What other way would you approach a bet. :rolleyes:

Using logic to assess risks a bet presents is how betting works mate. What other way would you approach a bet. :rolleyes:

LOL brilliant dude you doing accas your gambling, if you were to risk assess properly you wouldnt put on the bet. you lost a tenner and slagged off a team and someone was happy about it, get over it.

LOL brilliant dude you doing accas your gambling, if you were to risk assess properly you wouldnt put on the bet. you lost a tenner and slagged off a team and someone was happy about it, get over it.

I am well over it "dude"!! Why are people reading so much into a little reaction post yesterday! It wasn't me who brought it up! I didn't slag off the team also, I merely said they weren't the better team overall last night!

Can you and your "dudes" stop reading so much into this.

I am well over it "dude"!! Why are people reading so much into a little reaction post yesterday! It wasn't me who brought it up! I didn't slag off the team also, I merely said they weren't the better team overall last night!

Can you and your "dudes" stop reading so much into this.
    If you think you were unlucky in your bet you weren't. I think Celtic should've won the game they were definitely worthy of the draw.

If you think you were unlucky in your bet you weren't. I think Celtic should've won the game they were definitely worthy of the draw.

That's fair enough, at least you are being mature in your replies! I don't think Celtic were bad by any means, I just think BM were the better team and should have been two up come the penalty, so, yeah, I do think I was a bit unlucky. To react at full time with a little hyperbolic reaction is merely that, just a stray comment! I don't get the reactions from the other 2 posters.

That's fair enough, at least you are being mature in your replies! I don't think Celtic were bad by any means, I just think BM were the better team and should have been two up come the penalty, so, yeah, I do think I was a bit unlucky. To react at full time with a little hyperbolic reaction is merely that, just a stray comment! I don't get the reactions from the other 2 posters.

My reaction was to your ****e talking about using logic and risk assesment on a 5/6 team acca at odds of 40.0 nothing else anyways its a bit of topic so I'll leave you to you crying over a lost gamblings dude

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

ERG89 wrote: »
    How did Andre Gomes play?
    Never rated him tbh but maybe he might impress me with Barca. Feel that him Umtiti & Alcacer will all have to offer something if Barca are to have a good season. Was surprised to see that City turned them over as I still see glaring weaknesses in that City team.
    Didn't watch the games last night; Arsenal, Bayern and Atletico all struggled with wins against bad or terrible opposition was something I didn't expect.

It was easily his best game for Barça so far. Linked really well with the front 3, made some fantastic forward runs, looked very creative and assured on the ball, it was the first time he's really looked like a Barcelona player.

I love Umtiti. He's still so young, but he's fitted in right away. He's very much the real deal. Alcacer we haven't seen anything rom yet but early days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What a goal by bale already and nobody to watch it in the stadium :D

• Advertisement

So how many will be jumping on the Roger Schmidt bandwagon tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Peno to Juve.

Higuain scores.

Leverkusens press is fierce and that vertical style they play in is always interesting.

Higuain missed a good chance there to make it 2-0. I think a second goal will finish Lyon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Real lack of composure from both Spurs and Leverkusen. Hernandez really should have finished that chance.

Just saw the Bale goal. That was a belter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That was priceless

The awkward silence after Eamo's joke

brilliant

Legia back to level with Madrid now after being 2 down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Legia playing better without their fans it seems.

• Advertisement

Legia back to level with Madrid now after being 2 down.

If they go on to win it then it will be the most famous result in their history which none of their fans were there to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Spurs a long way short of what we know they're capable of. Is it the Wembley factor? Arsenal didn't have a fantastic record when they played there, IIRC.

Spurs behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

If they go on to win it then it will be the most famous result in their history which none of their fans were there to see.
    It will also enhance Dundalk's reputation still further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That's been coming. Leverkusen have looked the more likely to score.

Deserved. Better team, they look like a team with a real understanding of what they want, Spurs don't.

• Advertisement

Looks like sevilla's dominance of the Europa league is about to come to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Looks like sevilla's dominance of the Europa league is about to come to an end.

Dundalk's time.

Go on legia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Go on the Legia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Go on legia

"What a....what a.....what a story this is" #espn

• Advertisement

Wow I have to switch over to this Legia game now.

Update: Madrid scored as soon as I did. Sorry, Legia fans. I'll switch off now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

SCENES

Ah balls. Belter of an equaliser now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Ah jays is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I really feel for the genuine Legia fans right now. Missing this game because of a bunch of thugs

Lyon have equalised. I missed who scored it.

Edit: Tolisso apparently.

Seville v barca at the weekend should be a cracking game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I really feel for the genuine Legia fans right now. Missing this game because of a bunch of thugs

If the fans were there they probably wouldn't get close to this result.I can't imagine it's helped Madrid to be playing in an empty stadium.

If the fans were there they probably wouldn't get close to this result.I can't imagine it's helped Madrid to be playing in an empty stadium.

I'm sure Madrid are used to it. Didn't they play at the Etihad in recent times?

Oh Lacazette had a chance to snatch the win for Lyon! Hits the side netting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement