Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016-17 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This could get to 7 or 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Absolute disaster for Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Can't see it finishing at 3 -1

Maybe 4-2:)

Classic Arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

See you next year arsenal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

All going pear shaped in a hurry for Arsenal tonight.

Honestly, the Arsenal players don't look like they care. Bayern aren't even doing that much to score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Embarassing from Arsenal.A completely gutless side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Bayern are all over Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Completely fallen apart. Looked solid at half time and then it just fell to pieces again. Shame as it was a decent game at 1-1. Now it looks like Bayern will just run riot.

• Advertisement

Take ozil off
    He melts like cheese every time the pressure is put on

Before the goal, that clearance on the goal line was handball isn't it?

Wenger is really earning that new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

There be calls on Arsene and why he changed keeper (not that keeper would make any difference)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Before the goal, that clearance on the goal line was handball isn't it?

Came off his knee first I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ozil sums up that team,not a player who wants to fight and the wrong kind of player for an away game like this, he's an embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Amazing the difference Kos makes at the back. Within 7 minutes of him going off they'd conceded twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Hargreaves is spouting some ****e. Bayern have been average, its just that arsenal have not one bit of backbone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Ozil sums up that team,not a player who wants to fight and the wrong kind of player for an away game like this, he's an embarrassment.

He's not the run around the pitch like a mad man type.
    Never has never will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

There be calls on Arsene and why he changed keeper (not that keeper would make any difference)

Then why should there be "calls" on Wenger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Oh Arsenal....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I genuinel feel sorry for arsenal fans. Its like groundhog day. Its funny once or twice when a good start and out of the league and europe by February is the norm but its an epidimic now. Wenger surely cant last another season.

The only plus is Arsenal TV will be gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

quarryman wrote: »
    Then why should there be "calls" on Wenger?

To quit I mean and even though I think the keeper change is not the reason for the score people will still ask why. Do u=you not wonder

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Arsenal TV will be gas.

Fyp

Not sure we can post gifs of goals but Mustafi was comically bad for Thiago's first goal. He was yelling at some Arsenal player and left huge gap in the defense.

https://twitter.com/7amkickoff/status/831973229208100866?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Love the way all the clubs he's been at the back four automatically look for Alonso.

He's the biggest cheat in the game IMO
    I can't stand it
    It's such a shame because he's so talented otherwise
    Lewandoski

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

All things considered 4-2 would be far from a bad result for Arsenal.
    Giroud could always nick something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I genuinel feel sorry for arsenal fans. Its like groundhog day. Its funny once or twice when a good start and out of the league and europe by February is the norm but its an epidimic now. Wenger surely cant last another season.

I'm not convinced his departure will be the remedy many seem to think it will be. The post-Ferguson era at United has been everything I feared it would be and more. United have spent an absolute fortune and still might have to rely on a Europa League win to get Champions League football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm not convinced his departure will be the remedy many seem to think it will be. The post-Ferguson era at United has been everything I feared it would be and more. United have spent an absolute fortune and still might have to rely on a Europa League win to get Champions League football.

The difference is Fergie over-achieved with United.Wenger is by far underachieving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Lewondoski has spent more time on the ground than on his feet.

Lewandowski is such a prat.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    He's the biggest cheat in the game IMO
    I can't stand it
    It's such a shame because he's so talented otherwise
    Lewandoski

Thought it was another dive alright but on replay it looked quite bad but it was his fault as he put his leg into the challenge and looked like he twisted his leg.

Quazzie wrote: »
    The difference is Fergie over-achieved with United.Wenger is by far underachieving.

Considering what Wenger has spent I don't think he is underachieving. Not like other English clubs have been great in the Champions League in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Considering what Wenger has spent I don't think he is underachieving. Not like other English clubs have been great in the Champions League in recent years.

Ozil, Sanchez, Mustafi, Xhaka.

Arsenal have been spending big for a while now.

• Advertisement

Ospina keeping the score down now

Arsenals keeper playing a blinder
    This should really be 8-1 at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I think any manager would be an improvement for Arsenal at this stage.

They have no heart and Wenger seems to have completely lost the drive he used to have.

At least with the early Wenger teams he had some players with a bit of grit and even the flashy players had grit to them.All the have now is a team of wimps and a manager who's turned into a wimp aswell.

Not a hope of it happening and it may be a complete insanity to say this but if Arsenal can't get the likes of Simeone I'd love to see a manager like Sean Dyche given a chance with a big club like Arsenal, I've a feeling he wouldn't tolerate the ****e effort the Arsenal players have been giving on a regular basis.

The only plus is Arsenal TV will be gas.
    Once the Rams' stadium is done then maybe Wenger will be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I think any manager would be an improvement for Arsenal at this stage.

They have no heart and Wenger seems to have completely lost the drive he used to have.

At least with the early Wenger teams he had some players with a bit of grit and even the flashy players had grit to them.All the have now is a team of wimps and a manager who's turned into a wimp aswell.

Not a hope of it happening and it may be a complete insanity to say this but if Arsenal can't get the likes of Simeone I'd love to see a manager like Sean Dyche given a chance with a big club like Arsenal, I've a feeling he wouldn't tolerate the ****e effort the Arsenal players have been giving on a regular basis.

Who would you prefer. Every manager linked with the exception of Eddie Howe have distanced themselves from the position.

• Advertisement

LOL

Vicxas wrote: »
    Who would you prefer. Every manager linked with the exception of Eddie Howe have distanced themselves from the position.

Koeman?
    Benitez?

They would be gettable

Lol 5-1
    So easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Muller nice.

WTF was that defending.

Thats disgraceful from arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

HA HA. That was retarded

If ever a goal summed Arsenal up.

That's Arsenal out for sure.

Arsenal Fan TV and pills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Sold two of them with the right

• Advertisement
Advertisement